B/w cONVERSION. GOOD OR BAD?

jolsterj

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
3356528779_4295ec1844.jpg

I personally don't like the tint. However I would say, it looks like you have a full range of tones in that image. So I'd go for a 'good' conversion (if you can loose the tint)

If we had the before and after shots it would help. I too am not keen on the slight tint. There are several ways of doing a B&W conversion and sometimes an alternate method can look better. The image looks ok but one of the others might look better especially with more contrast.

There is a slight yellow tint.

jolsterj1.jpeg

I have removed the tint and increased the contrast a little bit.

Last edited:
look at your conversion along side my conversion and see if you can see the difference.

ok googled it and the quick test shows its fine.

????????

wish i could see your screen ha ha

ok googled it and the quick test shows its fine.

????????

wish i could see your screen ha ha

You cannot actually check the screen calibration properly without a hardware device BUT it does look like your calibration is out because more than one person has pointed it out and my screen is calibrated.

ok so what do i have to buy or download?

thanks for your time.

Look up colour calibrators such as HUEY PRO on here there are always lots of threads about them.

I have checked your conversion and yes I can see the difference.

thanks for your help

Any better?

3359494200_d05c1a97fd.jpg

I knoe the light is duff on the left side of his face but I like the expression and hope the conversion is better.

That is much better and I like the crop. What format is the original picture in? Did you take it in RAW format? If so we can probably do something with the over exposure.

Took in jpeg.
thanks for your time.

first pic done in picasa and second one in photoshop.

I know which I shall be using from now on lol.

I will keep the first pic on hand to remind me what it should not look like.

Back