Critique B&W: Marine Way Bridge, Southport

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Took loads of pictures of this fantastic bridge while there last week on a short holiday, based at Liverpool.

I will probably post some others but this is probably the one from the most unusual aspect. And if you don't know the bridge you may well go 'Eh??' - but I like the image anyway

5855-1405354609-316434974197ee3ba319904318353678.jpg

As per usual - all constructive C&C welcomed.

Bang on my doorstep that. Now if I'd known you were up here......

Looks good in winter when it's all lit up

Bang on my doorstep that. Now if I'd known you were up here......

Looks good in winter when it's all lit up

Yes - I can believe that - I only had the sunlight to work with:)

For me Chris the image is dominated by the suspension cable strut on the left side of the image, I think the composition would work well or would work more balanced if you had not filled the frame on the left or maybe a wider angle. The processing works well in black and white though.

Steve - thanks for taking the time to comment. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one as I like the dominance (ooohh errr missis:))

I like the shape (reminds me of the old ?Apollo modules) and the smaller versions on the other side of the road allow you to see work out what it is.

An alternative viewing is that the big shape is a rocket and the smaller ones give a more complete picture of the 'rocket'

So I suppose I am saying I think the combination of shapes gives an interesting view with options of interpretation (for me anyway:))

Back