Studio B/W portrait

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought you like to see this image of a 14 year old junior boxer taken at the gym where he trains, was using a 2 light system then 1 failed so ended up with thesesonny b:w6.jpg

Looks good but imho, and I have no real experience to be able to critique, I think it should have showed either the whole of the wrapped hands or have been wearing the gloves to enhance the actual boxing theme

I think it should have showed either the whole of the wrapped hands or have been wearing the gloves to enhance the actual boxing theme
:agree: … identifying the kid and his activity is of greater importance.

The light could be quite harsher gaining in sculptural quality and the
skin looks muddy… this does not contribute to describe the healthy
condition of the athlete.

…just me! :cool:

the skin is muddy looking as mentioned above.
did parents give permission to take pics and allow you to put on
a public forum ???
only mentioned it as we live in a sick society nowadays

Hi all thanks for the comments ,IanD I understand about showing all of the wrapps my fault didn't think as was more interesting in doing head shot [ also had the hump over light breaking i know it's no excuse ] did try with gloves but didn't look right.
Kodiak It was for the Club so everybody knows who he is and what he does, tried all ways colour rubbish . traditional b/w it was just ok, but the muddy colour as you call it everybody liked it.
holty. The parents did give permission as it;s my daughter and her partner that run the club also it;s my Grandson who is the boxer.

Thanks for the comments i really do appreciate them thanks again

Maybe the crop is a little tight too- I did a quick edit to show what I mean and sharpened up the contrast too

ZLAQ2js.jpg

Les

Hi thanks again for the comments, Juggler as i have said before i mostly only do these for the boxing club themselves so it very rare that i post ,
Les thanks for the input but to me it is way over the top on, the only thing that i like about what you have done is to darken the shoulder blade more.
Here is what i usually take for the club so just thought i would try doing a portrait session for a changeboxer.JPG

Back