Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Banana

how do achieve this effect? I've seen a few of these and now i'm intrigued to maybe try one myself, if your willing to share that is :D

That's an interesting shot Dave and quite well executed. I think it could do with a crop from both sides though as there's a lot of wasted space in the frame, or if it was possible shoot it in the upright format and move in a little closer. Only my opinion of coarse and still a good shot.(y)

George.

Thanks all.

Take one Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Banana,
Cut up as you see in the photo.
Put it all on a kebab skewer.
Hold the top of the skewer and rest the Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Banana on a plate, your head, or what ever tickles your fancy.
Now use the magic of photoshop.
You will now have to clone out your hand and the skewer. Having a black ground makes the process a lot easier.

It's a very effective and eye-catching shot, so kudos for the time and effort to produce it!

hahahahaha, mince pies, apples, cucumbers. The sky is the limit

I think it would look a tad better if the banana was curved.

But brilliant execution and well cut out... Now where are my purple minions!

reminds me of a trick I once did on a workmate. Every day he'd bring a banana for his elevenses. One day I took a length of microfilament fishing line and a sewing needle in to work and did as follows.

Nick the Banana. Thread the needle with the fishing line. take the Needle, and, at each "seam" in the peel stick the needle through and out the next seam. Loop back into the second hole and out of the next seam. continue until you've come back out of the original hole. You've now a loop of fishing line around the actual 'nana. Pull both ends of the loop and it closes and slices the 'nana inside the peel. Repeat half a dozen times, then return the 'nana to his packed lunch. Then Wait. Eventually victim peels the banana, and lo-and-behold, the 'nana falls apart in neat chunks... Cue complete disbelief from the workmate and much hilarity on my part.

Yes. I should get out more I suppose - but it WAS funny to see his face.

You Banana fiend you :banana:

He should have gone to self defence classes for people armed with fresh fruit.

Nick the Banana. Thread the needle with the fishing line. take the Needle, and, at each "seam" in the peel stick the needle through and out the next seam. Loop back into the second hole and out of the next seam. continue until you've come back out of the original hole. You've now a loop of fishing line around the actual 'nana. Pull both ends of the loop and it closes and slices the 'nana inside the peel. Repeat half a dozen times, then return the 'nana to his packed lunch. Then Wait. Eventually victim peels the banana, and lo-and-behold, the 'nana falls apart in neat chunks... Cue complete disbelief from the workmate and much hilarity on my part.

One of my numerous past interests (barely alive now - the interest that is - not me) was doing magic tricks.

You can do the same thing with an apple to show how strong you are.

You prepare the needle and thread and insert the needle at an angle to the circumference and our again about 1 cm further on. Then insert needle thorough same hole it came out of and so on till you get back to where you started.

When you pull the thread through the apple what you have is an apple that is actually cut in half but which is held together by the skin.

To show how incredibly strong you are you grab top and bottom in different hands and twist (you also have to say 'abracadabra' or it doesn't work:)) and the apple is broken in two by your bare hands!!!

(well ........it kept me happy for a bit:))

Back