Wild Back to the pond again

Brilliant set of critters Andy. Really like 2 and 3 but all are great.

Good set! All good. #1, #4 and #6 appealed to me most of all (especially #1 and #6, both of which I like a lot).

FWIW I'm not too bothered about centrality. In fact, I'd put it a bit stronger than that - Taking the backgrounds into account, I really like the composition of #1 and #4 just like they are and doubt they would be improved (to my eye) by decentring the subjects any more. I might be inclined to play with the framing of #6, pulling in the sides and top a bit (fractionally more off the right than the left), but that would leave it just as (or even more) central, which I think works fine.

Arguably #1 isn't central anyway.

Actually, now I look at it, I might make #2 even more central (and even taller/thinner than it is now).

I might take a slight amount off the left in #3 and the right in #5, #7 and #8, but such a small amount that I doubt anyone would notice a difference (except perhaps with #3).

Very good set Andy.
Some more attention on the PP could lift them all to the same level

The third of the first set is in my book under the tab: Brilliant shots!

What a set... try not too crop too much though as lots of detail is getting lost. Also avoid chopping limbs if possible #5.

#3/4 are excellent with #3 being my personal fav

What a set... try not too crop too much though as lots of detail is getting lost. Also avoid chopping limbs if possible #5.

#3/4 are excellent with #3 being my personal fav

Thanks Bryn, hmm, i didn't notice the chopped limb. Looking at the original most is behind that stalk but its foot is still there. Certainly a bit quick with the chop there. Composition seems to be a problem for me as i aim for the subject i suppose. My wife says i would paint the whole house white as i don't have an eye for colour. Trying hard though. Thanks for the comments. :)

Back