Bad Fruit

Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first try at some close up photography (not macro as I couldn't get too close with my 18-55mm lens) And this is also my first time at getting to know the camera better by using 'P' and adjusting the settings as needed. Had a bit of a twiddle with the levels in CS and added a warming filter too, C&C welcome, which I would like to ask...... how do you add frames & text into the pics in CS?

Bad-Fruit.jpg

Its that bad then? :sulk:

...urm... how can I say this nicely... I've seen better. Srry.

1. For this sort of shot DOF is key (use a tripod if there is not enough light).
2. Frame what the subject is and dont clutter.

Also looks like you've used flash. Generally not a good idea with closeup/macro unless you have off camera or a macro flash. Reflectors are a good idea tho.

So more DOF then? and lighten in photoshop (as I only have the camera flash)???

Think I'll give macro photography up! stick with landscapes! :thinking:

More DOF does not mean dark. Just longer exposures and a tripod/beanbag/solid bit of scenery.

Dont give up. Do some thinking/reasearch and have another bash. Only that way can you get any better.

You are a bit limited with your shortest lens.
Try something bigger like AN apple or A mushroom (from underneath?).

Practice practice practice.

:thinking: still to much going on here mate.. very cluttered my eyes dont know what to look at with that lens its not easy i know myself.
LEAF2.jpg

this is my attempt at it still to much going on but i hope this helps..(y)

I think this shot would work better if you crop out the top cluster of berrys, it would look less busy. Also I think the rotten one ruins the shot, it's just not pleasing on the eye IMO. As Oldigt says, loose the flash and use a tripod with the available natural light. Don't want to sound negative just giving an honest opinion which I hope is what you're after :shrug:

Here is A flower (which incedentally I dont think is great, but my mum likes it :bonk: ) but serves purpose here to show DOF and framing.... [ Feel free to shout at me if you want]

A_Flower.jpg

Anyway hope this helps

It all helps, not what I was expecting but now I know what I must do! :crying: :LOL:

(y) as for the frames mate go on to the image editing and manipulation scan down them and you will find something about the borders hope the pics helped and not offended:naughty:

Back