Bag and tripod help

Name
Gemm
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, I have browsed the old treads but am a bit confused. Can you recommend me a tripod that isn't too expensive but still reliable. And a bag that holds a D5300, I only have one lens, but have three extra on loan from a very lovely friend. So it needs to hold a good few lenses. I would prefer backpack style.

Really need to know your budget. I can't help with the bag but for the tripod have a look at Redsnapper - http://www.redsnapperuk.com/

There are a fair few members here, including myself, who like them.

Dave

Managed to get a Crumpler backpack a couple of weeks ago for £4.30:D postage was more than the bag cost:(
Holds my D3100 with kit lens, 55-200, Sigma 10-20 and a Sigma 70-300 with room to spare. Even has a little zip pocket at the front for spare battery/cards etc. Top part holds waterproof jacket or jumper with ease too.

I have a redsnapper tripod - not the lightest, but it's solid & functional.

7dayshop have a good range of bags on Amazon. I have a messenger satchell type bag from them, and it seems well made. If you're anywhere near North Oxfordshire, I was given a Lowe Pro rucksack-style bag by someone that has a minor amount of cosmetic damage - you could have that, gratis, if it would be useful.

Hi again. I've just had a text off the friend who I am loaning some lenses off and he's said I can keep the small bag he's loaned me. so for now I am bag sorted :)

As for tripod, ideally under £40.

Save for a more expensive one. You don't want something that will blow over in the wind etc.. especially with someone else's lens on it! With tripods you get what you pay for so why pay so much for a camera and not properly protect it? Budget tripods are budget for a reason.

Save for a more expensive one. You don't want something that will blow over in the wind etc.. especially with someone else's lens on it! With tripods you get what you pay for so why pay so much for a camera and not properly protect it? Budget tripods are budget for a reason.

I know we talked about the Redsnappers a while ago on another thread. Have you bought one yet?

What I have done, as I wasn't sure how much use I would have out of a tripod due to my disabilities. I have bought an old Cullmann tripod which was made in West Germany, to give you an idea of age. Well the tripod does everything a modern on does, macro, old style ball head, spiked and rubber feet, spirit level etc..... and hold 8.5kgs and made of box sextion. The tripod cost me the pricely sum of £15.00. Im using it nearly every day, set up in the kitchen trying hard to photo the small birds in the garden.

So for the OP, if you can't up your budget for a new tripod, I would seriously consider secondhand. Theres some bargains out there.

Currys are doing some good deals on Manfrotto Tripods at the moment, I managed to pick mine up when it was on sale for £40 and I think it's still on sale, If you do end up getting a bag then depending how often you intend on changing lenses you would be best off with a messenger type bag they are much easier when it comes to changing lenses while on the move.

No I haven't yet but I will be shortly. With nothing but great reviews and recommendations from members on tp along with the price it won't be long! Bought myself an 85mm 1.8 and a flash plus memory cards and a bag instead!

Those 85mm lenses are supposed to be great for portraits, I've never had one myself. Your building your kit nicely, it's nice having new toys.

Yeah the other half isn't too impressed though... thinking I need another bag now as well as my lowerpro event messenger 150 is now full (great bag for the price if only have 3 lenses or 2+ flash btw gemm. Think it was about £30 on amazon) then I want the 55-250 IS STM (or push boat out to a 70-200 f4 is) and thinking I want a 35mm f2 aswell haha.. such an expensive hobby :(

Back