Bah, humbug!

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
Almost that time of the year, which does bring out the Scrooge in me . . .

Scrooge3.jpg~original

Used an off camera flash and my D7000 (settings were something like ISO 100, 1/200th sec and F20 in RAW mode) then gave the photo a bit of spit and polish in Lightroom.

I like it

Expression and lighting work for me.

Has a kind of Tull ('This Was' or 'Songs from the Wood' era) feel to it.

lol, thats very good. The expression is great. Just maybe need something in the background, like a table with coins and a candlestick. I really do think thats ace. Nice one Ian.

That's a great shot Ian I like it very much, good expression and a very nice bit of B&W PP work.(y)

George.

Cheers guys! I'm not as grumpy as that in real life, just simply have the face for it - but I'll make no bones about it, I hate Christmas. :meh: :indifferent: :troll: :D

I'll have an another go at it perhaps nearer to Christmas with some props and using my personal hobby room library as a background and then using a shade of colour rather than greyscale.

Cheers guys! I'm not as grumpy as that in real life, just simply have the face for it - but I'll make no bones about it, I hate Christmas. :meh: :indifferent: :troll: :D

I'll have an another go at it perhaps nearer to Christmas with some props and using my personal hobby room library as a background and then using a shade of colour rather than greyscale.
sounds good! maybe instead of bits of paper to show age, perhaps a "modern" scrooge, with a copy of Excel running in the background on a laptop hahahah

great set up..never mind your sensor taking over the format
some shadows there from the glasses could have been softened i guess by differing lighting as they cut up the face a bit
cheers
geof

It's s great shot Ian and reminds me of how I feel on some days, including today when I accidentally installed a new browser and had a terrible time getting it uninstalled. :mad: Wouldn't want to open the door to you, mind!

sounds good! maybe instead of bits of paper to show age, perhaps a "modern" scrooge, with a copy of Excel running in the background on a laptop hahahah

Now THERE'S a novel twist on a classic theme. Noting that down.

great set up..never mind your sensor taking over the format
some shadows there from the glasses could have been softened i guess by differing lighting as they cut up the face a bit
cheers
geof

Hi Geoff! Also duly noted. Or I could get around that shadow issue by getting hold of a thin rimmed monocle and putting that on the left eye.

It's s great shot Ian and reminds me of how I feel on some days, including today when I accidentally installed a new browser and had a terrible time getting it uninstalled. :mad: Wouldn't want to open the door to you, mind!

Hi Peter! PUP-type software are a pain in the backside, ain't they? I, too, got caught out with that a couple of times. Enough to put anyone off at the best of times.

Hi Geoff! Also duly noted. Or I could get around that shadow issue by getting hold of a thin rimmed monocle and putting that on the left eye..

my gob is smakked....that is one original and brilliant idea:plus1:

Great image. Great light that fits the concept and errr well what a perfect face for this :)

Gaz

Back