Bamburgh Castle - trying a slightly different viewpoint

Edit My Images
No
Bamburgh is one of THE iconic castles in the UK and as with most similar subjects it's very difficult to get a shot that hasn't been done hundreds of times already, perhaps my Dunstanburgh Castle photos are guilty of this.

This is an attempt, without getting knocked down, of trying to get something slightly different to the normal beach viewpoint, it was taken at the end of a 15mile walk along the coast which started from Craster so I only just managed to hold the camera still.. no chance of a tripod setup for obvious reasons ;)

Simon

Hope you enjoyed your walk,a nice bit of coast. Looks like you had decent weather.

You've found a different angle which is difficult with such a well shot subject so a definite (y) for that

I would of liked to see the shooting angle lower facing up towards the imposing castle, in a flatter light, a more interesting sky, no blue bins and no road sign....but apart from that I'm easily pleased!

Good on your for trying something different. However for me, this lacks something, but I can't pinpoint what exactly. Nick has made some good points above.

Thanks everyone for the comments, no doubt there are better viewpoints for the castle but spotted this one walking back to the car at the end of a coastal walk so thought it was worth a shot

Simon

Back