Bank holiday walk over Conwy Mountain, North Wales

Edit My Images
No
Had a great wander along the North Wales Coastal Path from Conwy to Penmaenmawr yesterday and actually managed some decent light for the first part of the day considering it was peak daylight hours, and a bank holiday weekend !! All taken on Conwy Mountain, the Great Orme and Llandudno in the distance. Couldn't get the Welsh Mountain Ponies to give me a smile, they've seen far too many cameras before.

Very nice! Good focus, but I would suggest crouching down to bring something very close in the foreground, doesn't always work but there's no harm in trying!!! Eg:2nd photo downphoto down

I like number 1 best but they're all nice. Your website is very impressive too Simon :)

Beautiful set Simon. Really like the depth the first image brings. Not ventured up the Conwy mountain yet but its definitely on the "to do" list :)

Thanks again for the comments. I've walked along Conwy Mountain several times, great day out from Conwy and then over to Penmaenmawr, and it's the first time I've seen the ponies stood here which was lucky timing.. must admit though that I was a little disappointed at first when taking the shot as I tried everything to get the horses to give me a glance at least and not a single reaction from them.. in hindsight though it probably works better as it is, looks more of a natural scene.

Nice set Simon, dont think a lower perspective would work as that would just cut out the Bay, colours look a little washed out and over PP IMO each to there own etc.

Nice set Simon, dont think a lower perspective would work as that would just cut out the Bay, colours look a little washed out and over PP IMO each to there own etc.

I'm glad you've said that. I was thinking the same but didn't have the cojones to say so!!!

Hi Kevin, thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.. can you just clarify a little though as "washed out and over PP" sounds conflicting. The photos were taken at 11.30am and subtle light certainly wasn't an option so contrast suffered a bit too?

Thanks

Simon

Your welcome as always Simon, I would say washed out, contrast certainly has suffered so maybe Bin best option (IMO) and keep returning until you have the contrast that you say was missing/suffering ?

Your welcome as always Simon, I would say washed out, contrast certainly has suffered so maybe Bin best option (IMO) and keep returning until you have the contrast that you say was missing/suffering ?

Thanks for clarifying.. I'll be lucky to get great light, ponies in front of the Orme and the heather in bloom ;-) Must admit I quite like the 1st shot, obviously not a "killer image" that everyone's going to be interested in, more one of those personal "in the moment" ones.. one to keep as a pleasant day out memory :)

Last edited:
Indeed Simon it is a great Record shot, we have three horses at home, Bugger!! "excuse the language" to capture.

Last edited:
Back