Barbed Wire

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Shot this yesterday morning. Decided to use selective colour. I seem to like it. What do you guys think?

I bought the 50mm 1.4 lens last year and I'm beginning to like it.

Barbed wire by DaelPix, on Flickr

hi david, the image doesn't do anything for me personally and I hate selective colour but the wire its self does have a nice texture. also your watermark is far to intrusive and unnecessary. if it where to say 'David sunderland' and be of a much lower opacity I wouldn't mind but there is no need for the 2014 and the (C) plus in an image like this it could easily be cropped or cloned out.

It's a flat image of some barbed wire.

Had I shot it I would have used the wire as a lead in to focus on just one part/spike maybe with some torn old army trouser type material. Not too shallow a DOF so you can still make out the OOF wire.

E2A: And shot in the golden hour maybe as a silhouette against the setting sun.

Last edited:
HI , Thanks for posting something different with different technique , the new lens does give good results looks very sharp / crisp with good dof
In my opinion the image would be transformed if a ladybird or butterfly was on the wire

I always add a copyright on all my images I upload onto Flickr. I either use black or white text.

I used to add watermarks when uploading, I then realised that they were resampled to a low resolution and also I doubt if anyone could even be bothered stealing them. I now leave them without to show the picture at its best. Most people who steal images are also skilled enough to remove the watermark anyway.

As to the image, the wire is nice and sharp, but as has already been suggested it needs a main focal point, I'm not sure which bit you've selectively coloured either.

I kind of like it but I'm not sure why I do ... I generally hate barbed wire in photos of landscapes etc, I suppose it's because it is the entire subject of the image.

Back