Barbican Centre at Night

Name
Rowan
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,
Just visitied the Barbican a few nights ago for some shots of the concrete architecture (which looks a lot less brutal in the evening!) As well as 2 architectural shots, I'm posting an abstract too and if you have any feedback to give that would be great.
Thanks a lot!
Rowan

15404915219_d1e0baef71_o.jpg

15405530267_7c51c4bf12_o.jpg

15405947010_94e3d1a5af_o.jpg

Last edited:
Really no-one?

Rowan, nice graphic images. Really like. No3 for its strong graphic style and symmetry.

I really like number 3, nicely put together. All 3 are great conversions but the barrel distortion in 1 & 2 is a bit distracting for me.

Great set. No2 is my favourite, really imposing, moreso than no1. Distortion is a little distracting but not a dealbreaker. :)

Thanks everyone! I'll see what I can do about the barrel distortion in Lightroom.

I'm not sure 1 needs the blur, and 2 is a little busy but generally I really like them.

I'm not sure 1 needs the blur, and 2 is a little busy but generally I really like them.

Thank you! I have a version of 1 which doesn't employ tilt shift as well, but personally I find that the loss of the transition in focus in the lights and the steps detracts from the photo as a whole. I've uploaded the photo below for comparison.

15451056448_d3df43b829_o.jpg

I agree it needs something, i'd be inclined to add a slight vignette to draw the eye in. The tilt shift however preserves the vastness of the area rather than "tunneling" it.

Thank you! I have a version of 1 which doesn't employ tilt shift as well, but personally I find that the loss of the transition in focus in the lights and the steps detracts from the photo as a whole. I've uploaded the photo below for comparison.

15451056448_d3df43b829_o.jpg
I agree that the 'straight' photo lacks impact but also think that rather than a tilt shift effect, a vignette would accomplish a strong result.

I like all three and the mirroring in #3 works very well

I love the place, shot No3 made me feel dizzy, brilliant!

Back