Barcelona Harbour B&W (Again)

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my second photo that I have posted for comment. Used same border as before, (can someone give me tips on choosing the which type of border I should choose??????) and again converted to B&W.

270702-040.jpg

I have cropped the image but lost the reflection of the top of the tower but had to do this to remove some railings from the image.

Again, don't hold back on the criticism, I am thick skinned.:D

Regards
Martin

A couple of comments about the pic - it's not completely b&w, as I'm sure you're aware... I *think* it works with the foreground done almost sepia and the sky b&w, but the completely sepia reflection kind of imbalances it for me. Also, could you not have cloned the railings out to keep the full reflection of the tower? Other than that, it's a cool shot. Is that view looking towards the west of the city?

As for the border, experiment. I've found that the choice of border can alter the mood of an image quite dramatically - a black one can add a certain austerity to the pic, whereas a white one can lift the mood.

Catdaddy, thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Sorry, not sure which direction I was facing to be honest so don't know whether it was towards the west.

Points re the sepia and cloning out taken on board. (wasn't sure about the sepia effect to be perfectly honest) Cloning out is not my best skill, however will give it a go to see what I can come up with.

Also, thanks for the comments on borders, will experiment and see how the mood of the photo changes with different ones.

Thanks again.

Regards
Martin

Back