Barn Swallow

Edit My Images
No
Barn_colour.jpg

You should be going to your doctor. You've lost the plot;)

I think we have a new game to play....

Spot The Birdie!!

That's a great composition and use of colour, Bill, and also of a very rare species. It goes to show that with wildlife photography your telephoto lenses can never have enough reach. More of a landscape image though, but it will certainly test people's sense of humour in this section of TP :D

I think we have a new game to play....

Spot The Birdie!!

That's a great composition and use of colour, Bill, and also of a very rare species. It goes to show that with wildlife photography your telephoto lenses can never have enough reach. More of a landscape image though, but it will certainly test people's sense of humour in this section of TP :D

Light relief for the Festive Season!

I approve of this method. Certainly makes it a cheaper hobby!

So basically your doing Landscape photography now :D

Hi Joe

No there's a bird in each - just adding a bit of interest on this wet day

I think that both were taken with a Panasonic G1, (M4/3), with the 14 45mm kit lens ….. first is GB, somewhere near Oxford and the 2nd is St Malo FR

(just been reading about the new Sony A7 ii - it has IBIS in the body and I think that they have improved the "focus peeking" when you use adapted lens - they must be the future and I would think that Nikon (and Canon) must be thinking about FX mirror less bodies within the next year or so, (Nikon use the 24MP and 36MP Sony sensors)

Just looked at the price at WEX - £1,599 and they are selling the "old mode" A7 for £999 - so you are paying £600 for a slight body update and in body stabilisation, plus a few "odds and sods" …… they way that the main manufactures are releasing bodies …… they are becoming like "second hand cars" - you loose 25% as soon as you unbox them and 50% within three years …… there always seems to be buying opportunities when a new model is released ….. the A7 must be a steal now used, (unless you need it for sports or wildlife) - I think that Sony still only have about 6 "dedicated" lens, plus their E range, for which you need an adaptor.

Last edited:
Totally mad, but I love the picture ( I did have a problem sexing the swallow though??)

Geoff

Can you guess this one - taken early morning - in the coastal mountain range in S Africa

I don't reckon that it is too easy - but you never know - a generic answer will do

(my wife thinks that it is fine as it is and I don't need a new 800mm Nikon for Xmas)

morning.jpg

Last edited:
Back