Critique Barwell v Buxton

Name
Lee Parker
Edit My Images
Yes
Any criticism welcome.

I'm having to shoot at high iso due to pretty crappy lights, not going below 1/800 to try to keep things sharp.
What do you pro's do in these circumstances?
Is 1/800 as low as you'd go?
The other thing is I'm not sure how to take things further, I had a look at the Non league paper who covered the game and the shots I got were better ( scorers running towards me etc, I think the players are starting to recognise me lol).
Should I just keep contacting the Non-league paper or do they only use agencies?
I had a photo published by them last week for a feature, so I must be doing something right (or they were REALLY desperate!!).
The Buxton advertiser also wanted to publish the Greg Young shot but wouldn't pay (offered credit etc) so I said no.
Not trying to run before I can walk, but just need a bit of advice.
Am I on the right lines?
Lardy

Buxton(A) V Barwel(H)l-42.jpg by leeparker1968, on Flickr
1. Reay the Buxton keeper saves well from Woodward of Barwell.

Buxton(A) V Barwel(H)l-61.jpg by leeparker1968, on Flickr
2. Liam Hardy opens the scoring from an acute angle.

Buxton(A) V Barwel(H)l-59.jpg by leeparker1968, on Flickr
3. Liam Hardy celebrates with Craig King.

Buxton(A) V Barwel(H)l-24.jpg by leeparker1968, on Flickr
4. At least the Referee sees the funny side of booking Buxtons Laurie Wilson.

Buxton(A) V Barwel(H)l-32.jpg by leeparker1968, on Flickr
5. Laurie Wilson hits the post with his free kick. Greg Young follows up and scores.

Buxton(A) V Barwel(H)l-29.jpg by leeparker1968, on Flickr
6. Greg young celebrates his winner with King and Hardy in pursuit.

Buxton(A) V Barwel(H)l-3.jpg by leeparker1968, on Flickr
7. Shaun Tuton bears down on the Barwell goal.

Buxton(A) V Barwel(H)l-25.jpg by leeparker1968, on Flickr
8. Liam Hardy goes close with a shot. Hardy is the NPL leading goal scorer with 15 goals.

Nothing wrong with these, goals and cele's are what the papers look for first.
The NLP and FLP use agencys but plenty of club snappers and independants contribute to it.
Dont worry about grainy pic's too much, you can only shoot with what you've got. Concentrate
on getting the right pic at the right time in focus

higher iso is better than low shutter speed.... dont be afraid of high iso.. noise is fully expected this time of year.. papers dont expect clean pictures..

are you on facebook? theres a page for non league photogrpahers and the NLP are in there regular looking to pay people to shoot matches....

as for your pics.. some of them too dark.. brighten them up and your OK.. capturing the action no problem..

general thinking.. yes your certainly on the right track :)

Cheers gents,
Kipax I am on facebook and will definitely have a look at that.
Thanks for the advice.
Lee

Very good shots, the fb page Tony mentions above is the non league of extraordinary photographers. You might need to be invited to post on it, let me know if you want an invite.
Yes please Ramalama.
I did ask the other day but didn't realise that it was invite only so apologies for that.

Good celebration pics, where I photo I don't get to see too many of those these days! :(

On Tuesday I went to Stocksbridge Steels fc and both goals down the far end and it pee'd down all match, and I made the mistake of standing up and stretching my legs at half time but forgot to fold my stool up.......cue a very wet arse all second half!
Lesson learned lol.

Cheers Peanut, I'd literally just sat down and wrestled the 400 onto my monopod and fired off a couple of shots. Glad that I'd got settings right on camera before hand but nearly missed it because the teams had changed ends.

Shouldn't allow captains to change ends.......;0)

Back