Bath street candids

I like to second a lot. The interest between the children and the performer is great and really makes it.

The other aren't really for me. There isn't real any interest in them

Whilst the 2nd one is the standout one in the set, I quite like the first one too. The DOF is spot on, there's plenty of context & he looks an interesting main subject. Would have preferred more of him in the frame though :)

Thanks guys, comments noted.
I think in high tourist areas like Bath there are just so many people that I tend to focus in on my point of interest unless the surroundings can add to the scene.

For example the last image comes from this...

View attachment 16494

My attention was drawn to the guy in the feather-hat obviously and the amused woman in the pink dress behind him ... but do you think the 'main' scene has more to be retained?

I think the main scene distracts you too much from the subject. I never spotted the guy until I read your post. The reason being, there's 2 quite interesting pieces of activity going on that battle with each other.

On one hand you've got the feather man (and even better the matching shirts with his partner) being watched my the girl in pink.

On the other, you have what looks like a family in the foreground interacting with each other.

Both would probably have individually worked quite well if isolated enough, but in the same shot they fight for attention.

Just realised this was in the original post as a cropped version! I think if you kept the shirts in it would have worked better. Unfortunately the girls head impedes a little on the photo then.

The second shot is still probably the best though in the original bunch

In my humble opinion the original tighter cropped feather shot is the best of the lot. I find a lot to look at and loads of interest in the tighter shot. For me the wider shot loses something, although I can't put my finger on what it is. Thoroughly enjoyed viewing these.

Back