Battery grip for Nikon D7000

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to but a Battery grip for Nikon D7000, are there any known problems with the ones of ebay going for around £25

As above, I had the Meike version and it was as good as gold. The battery tray handles are a bit brittle and there's a touch more flex in comparison to the magnesium bodied Nikon version (which I also had) but nothing that should put you off giving one a go. Transforms the handling of a camera for the better in my view ;)

I have a Meike version that I've been using for a while. It doesn't feel quite as nice as the Nikon version, but it works okay in practice.

One thing I did notice recently is my AFL button on the grip won't work for back button focusing. I've not really looking in to the issue greater, it may just be another setting, but it's of note.

Edit to the above, I just found the setting to enable AF-ON via the battery grip. Again, not as nice to press as the one on the camera body. Not sure how it compares to the Nikon.

Last edited:
I have a Meike version that I've been using for a while. It doesn't feel quite as nice as the Nikon version, but it works okay in practice.

One thing I did notice recently is my AFL button on the grip won't work for back button focusing. I've not really looking in to the issue greater, it may just be another setting, but it's of note.

Edit to the above, I just found the setting to enable AF-ON via the battery grip. Again, not as nice to press as the one on the camera body. Not sure how it compares to the Nikon.

Have you configured the grip in the customs settings? works ok on mine

Robin

I'm looking to but a Battery grip for Nikon D7000, are there any known problems with the ones of ebay going for around £25
I'm on my third mickey mouse battery grip and this one is now faulty. I would just go for the Nikon one, save yourself a headache.

Back