Beach Huts

Name
Bat-Frog
Edit My Images
No
The huts are an experiment by my local council into the re-introduction of beach huts in the area.

Huts
by viv1969 on Talk Photography

I like this image as a whole. My feelings is that the post production frame/border isn't my taste but I can see the sense insolating this against a white back ground.

Contrast is good as is light, exposure and saturation/

However, the sky looks noisy and I am not sure you are straight as there appears to be a leaning downwards left to right. It isn't a major detraction but what I would have done is got lower, further back to frame the whole of that left hand bench, and put the huts higher in the frame and kept the camera level on both horizontal/vertical axis (or if I had a tilt.shift lens maybe not) and kept this more or less the same exposure wise, maybe a soft edge grad to balance out this scene a bit more.

Edit, there is a slight convegrence issue, look at the far most beach hit, look at the nearmost...

Last edited:
Appreciate your comments Steve.
As to the distortion, I have no clue how to correct :LOL:

Appreciate your comments Steve.
As to the distortion, I have no clue how to correct :LOL:

Easiest way to avoid it is to keep the camera level on both horizontal and vertical axis or use a tilt shift lens. You've angled the camera up and that's what's caused it.

There are tools in Lightroom/photoshop (transform etc) and it would remove that level of distortion.

Because of the fact it is a row of buildings to the untrained eye I doubt it would be immediately obvious. The problem would more obvious if it was just one building as it would appear to fall into itself.

I guess you used a fairly short focal length too.

However it's a ladscapes board not a architectural one and to be honest Id take light and tones like this with some distorted verticals over flat grey light with a blown sky but every hut perfectly showing with no distortion.

Ahh ok, well simple fact are I was below the line of huts. Saf
ve taking a long a set of goodly sized step ladders on what was an evening walk, I'm not sure how I'd have defeated it :LOL:

Given your own lovely images though, I do appreciate any comments!

Ahh ok, well simple fact are I was below the line of huts. Saf
ve taking a long a set of goodly sized step ladders on what was an evening walk, I'm not sure how I'd have defeated it :LOL:

Given your own lovely images though, I do appreciate any comments!
Cheers, I can tell you are well below angled the camera upwards. Ladders or a tilt shift lens if you want to have it distortion free SoC

What I might have done, minus both these things, is stood on a bench further down to give some elevation, or angled straight and cut a lot of sky off.

Back