Beautiful North Yorkshire Wedding Venue gutted by Fire

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Thoughts and fingers crossed for the staff of one of our local venues Crathorne Hall in North Yorkshire which has been devastated by a fire today, fire crews are still on scene and hopefully have stopped the spread. Will be hard to tell the exact amount of damage yet but I am guessing the venue will be closed for some time whilst checks and make safes are put in place.

We had a wedding booked here on Friday so just waiting to here from the B&G whether they have been able to get a new venue which with two days notice is going to take some organizing ! Fingers crossed for them too and hopefully one of our local venues will look kindly on them and help them out.

Been a funny season this year with two venues gone bust at a moments notice and now this...

IMG_0240.jpg

JS47717573.jpg

Second photo from Evening Gazette photo by Ian Cooper

this photo is from the window on the right above now missing !

crathorne_hall4.jpg

Last edited:
Hah! 13-14 firepersons in the picture and only one hose on the fire ...

Bad news, looks like the potential for a lot of damage clear-up before it's ready again and maybe some rushed attempts to re-book venues! ...

on a side note...

Second photo from Evening Gazette photo by Ian Cooper

Should this not be a link, assuming this to be a copyrighted image?

Bad news, looks like the potential for a lot of damage clear-up before it's ready again and maybe some rushed attempts to re-book venues! ...

on a side note...

Should this not be a link, assuming this to be a copyrighted image?

It was posted in as a link i did not copy the image but i added the photographers name in their anyway, if you click on the photo properties it shows the original link.

Some rushing going on right now as i sit waiting for confirmation of whether i am working tomorrow or not !

Back