Beer Head Sunset

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this from the mouth of the River Axe using a Sigma 150-500mm lens. It's not cropped in, just taken a small amount off the bottom.

4.jpg

It seems to have been somewhat flattened by using a long focal legnth at also it looks quite soft I suspect maybe down to a little haze unless maybe just the lens but while I own the same lens I think I cannot say I've noticed this issue of softness so I'm thinking its likely atmospherics...

Beyond any quality/clarity issues got to be honest it doesn't really hold a lot of interest to me as a photo, there's no real subject/point interest/interest rock formation :(

Matt

It seems to have been somewhat flattened by using a long focal legnth at also it looks quite soft I suspect maybe down to a little haze unless maybe just the lens but while I own the same lens I think I cannot say I've noticed this issue of softness so I'm thinking its likely atmospherics...

Beyond any quality/clarity issues got to be honest it doesn't really hold a lot of interest to me as a photo, there's no real subject/point interest/interest rock formation :(

Matt

Thanks for your honest feedback Matt (y)

I suspect you've pushed the PP a little far when trying to bring out details in the cliff face, as there's a halo along the entire cliff edge,

There was a pink halo but I took that out. So yes I probably have. I think I'll have to try re-shooting it a bit wider to give some interest and hope for a better sky.

Also I have a manfrotto tripod and head now that will keep that sigma more steady. I think the detail in the raw was a bit unsharp and I wonder if it was tripod stability. I did use an cable realese too.

Thank you both for your helpful crit.

Last edited:
Back