Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
3-shot HDR processed in Photomatix and then tweaked in Analog Efex

p429268758-6.jpg

50 views, no comments at all?

I'll jump in! :)
Interesting shot, well spotted.
Interesting in that the statue's face has disintegrated apparently, though the mask hasn't.
Detail and focus are spot on, and the HDR gives the shot an 'unreal' quality.
I'm not so keen on the composition. Is there any reason the left hand side is missing?
If it was possible, I don't know the constraints on taking the pic, I reckon it would look better if the left was not cut out.
Cropping the bottom is fine. A landscape shot may work too, if framed just under the arms.

Any other shots?

I think it might've looked better just slightly to the right, so you can see all of the mask and all of the face?

But well observed.

Thanks both - I had posted a reply complete with a wider view of the same shot - no idea why it hasn't appeared. Anyhow, it definitely looked less appealing to me with the left hand edge of the statue in - the tree line drew the eye away.

Thanks both - I had posted a reply complete with a wider view of the same shot - no idea why it hasn't appeared. Anyhow, it definitely looked less appealing to me with the left hand edge of the statue in - the tree line drew the eye away.
Fair enough.

You can only do so much with what is there.

...or you take a chainsaw with you :)

I agree with the composition comments also there appears to be a dark bit on top of the statues head that keeps taking my eye so perhaps may blot it out :)

Back