Belt and Harness Question

Edit My Images
Yes
For those using \ or have used a system such as Lowepro S&F what is the amount of gear that can be comfortably carried but remain accessible. Would this type of system take my EOS 40D, 70-200 f4, 10-22, 17-50 plus the usual spare batteries, filters etc for example

I haven't used mine for a few years but I'm sure it'd fine with the stuff you mention. It's quite comfortable and does a good job of spreading the weight with its wide straps.

Bob

Thanks for that. I guess it's a bit like camera bags if you load them up with every last bit of kit you own then they can feel uncomfortable !!

yeah that lot would be fine, id recommend you get the shoulder strap if there is one

For those using \ or have used a system such as Lowepro S&F what is the amount of gear that can be comfortably carried but remain accessible. Would this type of system take my EOS 40D, 70-200 f4, 10-22, 17-50 plus the usual spare batteries, filters etc for example

Yes easily.

You will need the harness or tactical vest though as the S&F system suffers from sag if you just use the belt.

Thanks for that. I did wonder about the impact having everything hanging off your waist. That does bump the price up somewhat. Are there any alternative manufacturers who are less expensive ?

There might be a cheap version but the reality is you tend to only invest in this once so it is worth having the set-up you need to carry/shoot comfortably.

That said I bought twice, and switched from Lowepro to Think Tank, mainly because I used Think Tank bags and the belts are compatible, as are the pouches onto the bags. The only thing I have left from my Lowepro is a tactical vest the rest sold on. Either are very good and about the same price.

Thanks for the heads up about Think Tank. I also seem to recollect some discussion about military belts etc being used for the same purpose although my searches couldn't find anything

I use just the pro belt with the 70 and 75 top loader bags to carry a 1D MkIV plus 70-200f2.8 and a 1D Mk2 with 24-105, ready for use but well protected and comfortable to carry. The weight is dispersed around the waist with no real pressure points to make it uncomfortable. I do have the tactical vest but it is just to warm here to use (Cambodia).

Last edited:
Back