Ben!

Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
First many congratulations & second there are some beautiful captures here :clap:

The ones with granddad are wonderful.

Congrats on the new arrival too; the bit about him being called 'something' made me titter too.
I think Grandad will be delighted with his present, there are some lovely memories there

Congrats on the new arrival too; the bit about him being called 'something' made me titter too.
I think Grandad will be delighted with his present, there are some lovely memories there

Thanks, can't wait for him to see it. Added a new one of the missus and Ben

awww bless... great name! My son is called Ben... gentle Ben I always say to him...

Beautiful pictures! The first of a trillion you'll take ;)

awww bless... great name! My son is called Ben... gentle Ben I always say to him...

Yes great name - my son is called Ben but at his current age perhaps I should refer to him as Big Ben :eek:

Congratulations! He's a lovely looking boy. I did a 365 when my daughter was born and really enjoyed it. The flickr set is here if you are interested and the thread for it is here. You have taken some good photos so far, as you asked for feedback I would suggest you get used to checking the backgrounds, things like light switches, door knobs and bright toys can detract from the image and a simple change of angle can improve the shot dramatically.

Congratulations! He's a lovely looking boy. I did a 365 when my daughter was born and really enjoyed it. The flickr set is here if you are interested and the thread for it is here. You have taken some good photos so far, as you asked for feedback I would suggest you get used to checking the backgrounds, things like light switches, door knobs and bright toys can detract from the image and a simple change of angle can improve the shot dramatically.

Thanks, i'll certainly take a look at your 365. Good shout on the backgrounds, it's often something I never really think about in my composition. Will bear that in mind.

Thought I would update this thread now just over 4 months and getting big and chubby. As he gets to be harder work, he also gets to be so much more rewarding, and we're having great fun with him. Thanks for taking the time to look and any feedback or criticism is more than welcome.

DSCF4827 by moran.simon, on Flickr

Tummy time...

DSCF3500 by moran.simon, on Flickr

DSCF3253 by moran.simon, on Flickr

DSCF3041 by moran.simon, on Flickr

Lovely shot's here! There is nothing quite like looking back over the past and seeing how much they change and being grateful for the memories they give you!

What a great set of images and a great choice of name too ;).
Ive got my first child due in a few weeks and look forward to capturing special moments like these too.

Lovely shot's here! There is nothing quite like looking back over the past and seeing how much they change and being grateful for the memories they give you!

Can't wait, he's already changing so quickly. Spent a week away from him and it was astonishing how much he'd changed in 7 days

What a great set of images and a great choice of name too ;).
Ive got my first child due in a few weeks and look forward to capturing special moments like these too.

Haha names were really tricky for us as my better half is a teacher so every name has a connotation but Ben was one we both loved and passed the 'good kid' test. Brilliant news on your imminent arrival, nothing will beat the moment they hand he/she to you :)

Lovely stuff,thats what life is all about, is grandad fed up with him yet:)...

Grandad lives in the Midlands whilst we're in the North East so doesn't get to see him as much as we'd like. Queue numerous motorway journeys and skype calls. Makes it even better when we get chance to meet up though :)

Just come across this thread. You are building up a wonderful collection of photos to look back on when he is older. Great stuff.

7 months and feels like he weighs a ton. He has his own personality now (loves the Pointless TV show, hates bananas, doesn't mind a nappy change but still not keen on his baths...) and is certainly keeping us on our toes. Stick a lens in front of him and he strikes a pose. Some recent photos. As always thoughts and feedback welcome. I know I still don't really think about the background of my pictures but if anyone has any good guides about processing skin tone in Lightroom that would also be appreciated.

DSCF5685 by moran.simon, on Flickr

DSCF5693 by moran.simon, on Flickr

DSCF6120 by moran.simon, on Flickr

1 (947 of 976) by moran.simon, on Flickr

1 (960 of 976) by moran.simon, on Flickr

1 (1 of 1)-4 by moran.simon, on Flickr

1 (1 of 1)-5 by moran.simon, on Flickr

1 (1 of 1) by moran.simon, on Flickr

Lovely set, what a happy lad! Love the ones in the box!

Great stuff Simon, love the ones with the xmas lights bokeh. It's great seeing them develop and your little man looks to be doing great!

I think i'll start one of these up for my little boy soon, he's 12 weeks now and taken hundreds of pics.

Fab keep it going. Pleasure to view these. Can't get enough of eyes like this ;-)

Gaz

Back