Critique Beniarres

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Many years ago I discovered HDR and then went a bit mad with it, as you do!
I'm going back now editing single shots of some that I did and discovering I (hopefully) get better images by just editing in Camera RAW / PS6

I'm not 100% sure about this one, which was originally a 3 shot HDR. Taken around 8 in the morning in Beniarres, inland from Gandia, Costa Blanca, ESP
I'd appreciate your comments

Its a lovely picture Jon, but for me its a shame the sky and clouds are not in the picture,

Geoff

outline your technique here please Jon
regarding the exposures and the software you used
would you have considered perhaps 5 shots at +/- 1/3 stop
i am a keen but failed hdr learner...
apart from a tripod i have learned to use the same f no in all shots
cheers
geof

@mrtoad I'm honestly trying to move away from HDR mrtoad. I've come to the conclusion that I can lose a lot of detail with the HDR process, and although I still use it in a really watered down way, I'm trying hard to resist it.
For this shot I used Camera RAW to tweak the exposure. Then into CS6/NIK Colourefexpro and used a couple of filters. One contrast and one detail extractor. Then back into CS6 with the dodge and burn tool, sharpening tool, and thats about it.
The original three shot HDR hurts my eyes now. I'll try and see if I have it on Photobucket and post it. I am going to continue some HDR, but it will be considerably toned down stuff I think with the aim of making it look NOT like HDR

@GWR100 - In retrospect I agree that I should have got more SKY in. The original HDR shot was a club competition entry under the "water" title so I guess I was concentrating on that aspect. It actually won the competition, but I have no idea why.

Back