Berlin Straßes

I am going for the second one. Sky and clouds look great. But I would move a bit more close and under the cranes.

I really, really like 3. Additionally - it's nicely exposed in difficult conditions were people were moving rapidly between light and shade.

In a perfect world I'd like to see a shot where the women fill the frame more completely but that may ruin the framing by the arches.

2 nearly works but I don't really like the composition; I can't say why. Perhaps the big crane need to be off centre and you could play with the fact that the three rightmost cranes are all pointing in nearly the same direction?

1 could have been a stunner if the person on the steps was the main subject and much, much larger in the image but as it is I missed them first time.

The Berlin I'm used to seeing is really represented best in #2. There is just so much construction work going on pretty much everywhere.

Photographically, #3 is fantastic. But although I know the place, I am more reminded of a 60s Paris than of Berlin. Perhaps has to do with the clothing and the black and white?

#1 has stunning tones and I like all the geometry. The small person is almost a bit too hidden beneath all that structure.

Ta very much people. Yeah number one was a difficult one because the woman was crying I think and I felt quite intrusive but I could tell there was a cracking picture for the taking. But I kinda wimped out and stayed quite far back, and this was taken on a 10-22mm so I would have had to get pretty close. Got to learn to be a bit less nervous about these things.

Back