Berm Destroying MX

My that first one is spectacular but just prefer the blur on the last one.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments, heres a few more. I dont often take the slower shutter shots as i cant have lots of lost shots due to my images being sold onsite although i take some when time allows on quieter days. I personally would never have got the first shot had i been at a slow shutter speed, picture number 2 is actually the shot taken just before picture 1 so you can see the sudden huge change in direction these riders take in a split second, its a far cry from panning a passing rider like in picture 8

7 This was taken at 1/160 which is pretty slow for MX (for me anyway)
888_0166 by harrylessman, on Flickr

Not much action in this one but theres something about it that i just like
888_0213 by harrylessman, on Flickr

888_9993 by harrylessman, on Flickr

REG_0951 by harrylessman, on Flickr

Last edited:
Quality work Harry and agree with the shutter speeds I try and keep some wheel blur with MX but it cost met a lot of shots on Saturday at the British Sprint Enduro meet at Black Dog Woods due to direction changes and sudden front wheel lifts and even though its just a hobby it p***ed me off after driving all that way in holiday traffic

Last edited:
Thanks

I think im gonna have a weekend off and go to a major race meeting and just shoot for myself and see what i can get, im due to cover a round of the Maxxis British side cars at Wakes Colne in September but im tempted to just go and shoot for myself and not as the onsite tog...

Thanks Richard

No flash on any of my pictures, i hardly ever use it. I love the way natural light falls such as in this shot. Only wish i had noticed at the time that i had knocked the shutter speed up to 1/3200 as lost all motion in the wheels lol

888_0007 by harrylessman, on Flickr

Back