best Nikon D700 Wide Lens

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
I am getting a D700 in a couple of weeks (how exciting) when i will also be selling off my Pentax K20d kit to purchase a new lens :) :)

Now what is a good FF wide lens, not too wide as i will be using it as a kit lens for a while, but with a bit of width to it?

Any advice greatly appreciated :) thank you

as above, if not too expensive the 24-70 Nikon is great, else the 28-75mm Tamron is good too.

If 70mm isn't long enough then you could try a 28-300VC Tamron, surprisingly good for the money, I think there's one for sale in the classifieds too ;););)

I use the Sigma 24-70... I use it for low light, but its a great little lens and a fraction of the cost of the nikon.

i think the nikon 24-70mm sounds about perfect, if any kind members have any test shots they want to show me i would be very happy!

Also the low end of the 24-70 on full frame is about the equivalent to the low end on my 16-85 (on my D300) and love this lens for walking around.

I had the Tamron 17-35 which was great - pin sharp! However, due to my nefarious predilection for primes :naughty:, I have since sold it for a Nikon 20mm AF-D which suits me better (smaller, lighter and makes me think about framing!)

Another vote for a 24-70. My money went on the Sigma version when Jessops had them in their sale at the beginning of the year.

i think the nikon 24-70mm sounds about perfect

its a great lens, but if thats what you are looking for its also worth keeping your eyes open for a Nikon 28-70, slightly older, much cheaper and almost as good

its scary how expensive things are when you upgrade, all my kit, the pentax k20d body, the three lenses and my other film lenses will all go TOWARDs one lens... scary times!

i would look for a 20,24 or 28 prime light and smaller

my widest is a 24mm

Back