Best online Camera dealers

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

Looking to upgrade some of my kit, so what dealers online give the best value for new and secondhand gear?

Cheers

Rob

MPB get my vote, and my cash too. :)

If Matt does not have what you are looking for in stock he can usually get it for you too.

If you regularly check prices on the net the deals vary. Sometimes some offer better deal than others.
The way I do it is to first determine what bit of kit I want, then search for the best price. I have had quite a bit of success in buying from shops in Hong Kong, at least for lenses( all my cameras I have purchased in the UK). I even obtained a particular lens for 1/3 off UK prices and that included p/p and import duty. I wouldn't hesitate from buying from that country again but I do have independant insurance on all my gear just incase.

Realspeed

i would say both MPB and Mifsuds are very trustworthy dealers.

i have bought many a thing from Mifsuds. . . . :)

avarice08, have a look here – this is a pretty good starting place for finding shops. most of these deal new and used.

Also, have a look at www.camerapricebuster.co.uk, as it's a good resource for finding the best new deals.

I second Mifsuds - bought from the before and the're great. Also, warehouse express is good and does super, super-fast delivery

Last edited:
For new prices, check Camera Price Buster.

My personal experience of service:

Good service
Amazon
Aperture UK
Camera World
Clifton Cameras
Devon Cameras
Ffordes
Jacobs
Jessops
Martin's Camera Shop
Microglobe
Morris Photographic
Park Cameras
Purely Gadgets
7 Day Canon
T4 Cameras
Walters Photo & Video
Warehouse Express

Bad service

7 day shop - took money from my card when they knew they didn't have stock and wouldn't be getting any more - didn't refund it until I nagged

Bristol Cameras - accepted an order when they were out of stock, then refused to honour the agreed price when they got some more stock in

No argument with any of the above... I'd just like to add Dale Photographic to the list, I've found them to be invariably very helpful whether over the phone or in person in the Leeds shop. They'll talk price too if you ask nicely and, where they can, have often price matched for me in the past. (y)

Used Clifton Cameras, Park Cameras, Mifsuds and Warehouse Express several times.
All very good service. Mifsuds have been very fast replying to email. I have a lens on order with them now.
All these companies have offered me the chance to cancel an order when they did not have the stock.
I have also bought from SRS Microsystems and they did not offer the chance to cancel the order when out of stock. They are entitled to do that, but it's not a customer friendly way to conduct business.

Kerso has good feedback on this forum, mainly canon lenses and accessories.

John

i would say both MPB and Mifsuds are very trustworthy dealers.

i have bought many a thing from Mifsuds. . . . :)

Yip - sold kit to, and bought from Mifsuds and got great service.
Recently bought a Sigma lens. Not in stock at the time, but was immediately offered the chance to cancel.
Estimated time to get the lens was 2 weeks, but they got it to me in 1 week and kept me informed by email.

Back