Best place to buy Lee filters?

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I did a quick forum search and the recommended places were: SpeedGraphic, TeamWork, Dale & Wex. Are there any others? Is there one standout place?

Ideally I'd like a 1.2 Neutral Density (4 stop) non-grad resin filter, altho' this appears to be an expensive option as their 0.9 (3 stops) and Little Stopper (6 stops) are cheaper.

Another option is that I may be a cheapskate and get a set of Hitech NDs (1, 2 and 3 stop filters) for the price of one Lee...unless you good forum folk think it's a poor idea.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers!

Have you tried Robert White, down on the sunny south coast in Poole? They are a good Lee stockist.

I've never regretted buying my Lee grads for landscape work, so I recommend them 100%. I have a Hitech filter (a 0.9 soft grad which I rarely use) which ain't half bad either but not as good as the Lee kit.

I have a Hitech filter (a 0.9 soft grad which I rarely use) which ain't half bad either but not as good as the Lee kit.

I am also considering a set of Lee ND Grads (soft)... When you say that the HiTech aren't as good as the Lee, what aspects of the Lee Filters do you consider to be better than the Hitech?

Thanks.

I feel they are better optically, with a higher quality of control in terms of manufacturing and quality control so they really are what they say they are in terms of strength of ND etc with zero colour cast from the ND. Having said that, the Hitechs are nice and much better than Cokin (for instance) so do feel a nice price point in the mid range - I haven't rushed out to replace my rarely used 0.9ND soft grad with a Lee so obviously isn't terrible.

I also like the fact Lee make filters that sit between the usual 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 grads so you can get a 0.75 grad if you like.

I feel they are better optically, with a higher quality of control in terms of manufacturing and quality control so they really are what they say they are in terms of strength of ND etc with zero colour cast from the ND. Having said that, the Hitechs are nice and much better than Cokin (for instance) so do feel a nice price point in the mid range - I haven't rushed out to replace my rarely used 0.9ND soft grad with a Lee so obviously isn't terrible.

I also like the fact Lee make filters that sit between the usual 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 grads so you can get a 0.75 grad if you like.
Stu, Thanks for the response. I think I will plump for the Lee's then. Buy well and buy once !

for regular NDs I would suggest screw in Hoya Pro1D or BW MRC series. They simple are a lot better and more durable filters. Lee may be better than hitech but that is about it. Resin filters scratch and are uncoated.

Many thanks everyone for all your help and advice so far, much appreciated.

Any more?

Ordered from Dale Photographic.... should arrive tomorrow, just in time for a trip to Wales and some landscape photography :)

Last edited:
pro center, i bought a big stopper and a little stopper, they are really good.

Back