Bewdley - Olde style

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Using a combination of Silver efex (for the B&W and vignetting) and perfect effects (for the scratching) I think these look <almost> authentic.

14685641411_9e5c0ac335_b.jpg

14708698323_2338b1e102_b.jpg

14708698263_21093ec437_b.jpg

14502369617_4643a8b1ed_b.jpg

14502370457_1fb03eb213_b.jpg

14688814205_378df85953_b.jpg

Cheers for popping by.

:agree:Do they have a gift shop? You might want to contact them and make the postcard suggestion. ;)

Thanks, I didn't think they'd be good enough to do anything with them, but since you are suggesting, I might just get hold of the gift shops :) Thanks for the comments bryn, susie, lynne, most appreciated :)

Thanks, I didn't think they'd be good enough to do anything with them, but since you are suggesting, I might just get hold of the gift shops :) Thanks for the comments bryn, susie, lynne, most appreciated :)

They are far better than the pap postcards you can from these places generally.

cheers les (y)

haven't been into the gift shops bryn, so wouldnt know. I've banged an email off to them, we'll see if I get a response. If not, I'll plop them on my website and with a bit of crafty seo applied i might get some sales through the site. You never know I guess :)

Yes - brilliant set and I particularly like 2, 3, 5, 6. Any three would look great In a triptych or maybe even all four in a ?quadtych. (Personally not too keen on the scratching though:))

Did you do them by following a tutorial or just by playing around(!)

Yes - brilliant set and I particularly like 2, 3, 5, 6. Any three would look great In a triptych or maybe even all four in a ?quadtych. (Personally not too keen on the scratching though:))

Did you do them by following a tutorial or just by playing around(!)

The B&W conversion was using Silver Efex 2.0, one of its built in presets Chris and the scratching was Perfect Effects, textures, scratching preset. Not good enough and not patient enough to spend a lot of time on my processing I'm afraid. Seems to work for this set, not had any other sets that really work with the presets as they're all "olde" style. Worth a trial download Chris, you'll have some fun and can create your own, from the built in ones :)

Thanks - I have the NIK collection (including SFEX) but haven't explored the pre-sets much

Hi Carl, I really like all of these and the PP work is very good and almost althentic. If forced to choose a favorite it would have to be the shot of the station masters hat etc. "Great Stuff".(y)

George.

Overall I find this a really pleasing set to view, I really am a fan of giving photos a vintage look like this but if there's one thing that I would say that sort of spoils the effect a little for me is the scratching, its all just a little too uniform, having spent a fair amount of time recently scanning and working on lots of old family photos the scratching just never looks like this the scratching runs in all directions...a secondary issue to how it is currently it makes it look almost like wood grain as if the photos have been printed onto old wood

Matt

Overall I find this a really pleasing set to view, I really am a fan of giving photos a vintage look like this but if there's one thing that I would say that sort of spoils the effect a little for me is the scratching, its all just a little too uniform, having spent a fair amount of time recently scanning and working on lots of old family photos the scratching just never looks like this the scratching runs in all directions...a secondary issue to how it is currently it makes it look almost like wood grain as if the photos have been printed onto old wood

Matt
I thought that too matt, the scratching is too repetitive and always in the same position. I'll have to have a go at faking it in post but making it look realistic. Will do some searching and see if it can be done

Thanks everyone for the time spent on commenting :)

Absolutely love #5&6

I also like the others except #4, seems a little dark in the centre compared to the others. I know the subject is very dark, and it portrays this nicely, but for the authentic look, I prefer the slightly lighter darks as seen in the others.

Id also say the scratching is too uniform, especially when you view the images in a set like this.

Still doesn't detract from the fact theyre all great images in their own right.

Back