Bi-weekly Photo Assignment.... Illumination...Discussion here!

and your favourite is....

• Catdaddy

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • SammyC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenco1964

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Milou

• Swiftwind

• P-E

• Steve

• Ghandi

• DJW

• Arkady

• Dod

• Mike Aitken

• CT

• EosD

• MyPix

• EvilOwl

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Bachs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Steve

This thread is to discuss the current Bi-weekly Photo Assignment (Illumination photos)

Sammy, what is your pic? It looks like burning embers or something... And Ken, I really like yours. Is that shadow real?

Catdaddy said:
And Ken, I really like yours. Is that shadow real?
Yes, it is real. This shot was taken once again using a torch albeit a more powerful torch but illuminating the object from a much greater distance.

Catdaddy said:
Sammy, what is your pic? It looks like burning embers or something... And Ken, I really like yours. Is that shadow real?

On the nose! Tried to get some pictures of my lounge fire illuminating things but the best one was the embers themselves. :)

well, I'm still struggling with my entry.

Spent a whole afternoon fiddling around with tripods and flash guns. still don't think I've got it yet though. I may venture outside IF the weather clears up a bit. There's some cool things going on in Bath this weekend that may fit the bill. Plus I have more crazy flash based ideas......

Now where did that box of quality street go? ;)

That's a very nice shot milou. Tranquility comes to mind, well done! I"m having a very hard time with this one as well, not sure why tho.

:bum1: <<<no reason for this, just wanted to use that smilie, its' hilarious! lol :D

Jewel

all good shots so far, gonna get something in for this tomorrow or tuesday evening!

Well this one is taking a bit of time to get moving!

Anyhoo, I like what you done there Steve!

SW, you need to remove the EXIF info if you're gonna submit a photo from 2002 lol ;)

Well, finally managed an entry.

Been having a bit of fun with PS and coloured flashes. Since I've done this, I've come up with a plan to develop my idea. If I can pull it off, then grand. Will probably fail though!

I'm guessing from the amount of entries vs votes this time round that people are finding it hard to come up with a suitable idea? I know I did!

SammyC said:
SW, you need to remove the EXIF info if you're gonna submit a photo from 2002 lol ;)

My sister dropped the Pentax pretty badly two years ago (the camera wouldn't work at all) and we finally got it fixed a few weeks ago. The date is incorrect.

OK, put a placeholder in so I don't miss the date this time ;). Noticed though that the colours are different from when I view it straight from H/D :confused- The version from PhotoBucket has more of a green hue to it . :ponders:

@ dod, I noticed your picture elsewhere and thought at the time that it was stunning. I am glad you have posted it here.

Steve said:
@ dod, I noticed your picture elsewhere and thought at the time that it was stunning. I am glad you have posted it here.

Thanks Steve, yes, it was for a compy somewhere else. I was struggling with the theme of music and borrowed the guitar. Stuck the camera on the tripod and started to take shots with the cable release and just hoped my hand would look as if it was at roughly the correct angle etc. Lighting was a 60Watt bulb :whistle2:

Cracking shot Dod & like Steve's also. Have reposted mine with a slight change ;)

Ok, I guess this should be closed tonight.

So Mr steve sir, will you do the deed and wack a poll up for everyone to express there opinions?

Pretty please? ;)

I did consider taking a picture of a skip full of lighting equipment but found this theme a bit too close to home :)

I'll be there for the next one ;)

I am needed around the house now, so if nobody else has done the honour by the morning I will attend to it then. :thumb:

I had a free 5 Steve, but can you sort out the vote for the next theme?

well, I've voted. and not for myself either! I never got to finish my entry due to other commitments. grrrr. I think it would've been rubbish anyway. Nice to see a good range of entries again, but still, more people voted than entered! What happened to you all? :)

Anyways, Ideas I've had for the next round are as follows.......

Broken,
represent a song,
where I live,
friends and family
shadow
my town
party (well it is christmas!)
antique
tone
faith (christmas again!)

If anybody has any other suggestions they'd like included then please let us know!

I've cast my vote! :) Ahh it was such a tough decision! I also wanted to say thank-you to whoever voted for me, I appreciate it.

some excellent shots this time, been a tricky choice!

Dont forget to vote now kids!

EvilOwl romped to the win there! Good shot, thanks to those that voted, Whats the next theme then??

You will need to set up a poll, I think Gandhi has offered some possible subjects higher in this thread, use them and add some of your own to make up some numbers :)

EDIT..forgot to say..very well done to EvilOwl :doh:

Wow thanks :) Been offline for a few days while moving to London, luckily one of my new neighbours has an unsecured wireless connection for me to mooch off (muahaha) while I'm waiting for Zen/BT to activate my new ADSL line

Wasn't expecting to get any votes for that shot though so many thanks to everyone that voted for me!

Congrats dude. It's a great shot and one I'd be proud of.

Dunno which numpty voted for my pic, but thanks ;)

Sorry I haven't been around to sheperd this one but have been busy at work, spending some quality time with the g/f and suffering severe virus based trauma on my pc.

Off to vote on the new theme now.

Back