Big Bumble

That 1st shot is great, though I prefer the eyes in focus more than other parts (his mouth seems to be what is in focus <more> to me) although Im probably wrong :confused: but it is good and bees are so hard to photograph (when I tried in the summer) so kudos to you for getting really good shots of it (y)

Thanks carl, it is actually his eye that is in focus when i zoom-in using lightroom. I think his mouth is just far more interesting.

I like both of these, #1 has got the impact but like Carl has said I think it would be nice if the eyes were in focus as apposed to the other parts. Maybe a smaller aperture if that was possible would have helped. #2 for me could have done with a bit of cropping from the left as there is quite a bit of wasted area in the frame, other than that a nice shot.(y)

George.

Both really nice shots. A bit more DoF on the first would improve it. I think you should look at ways to address the light fall off issue resulting in black backgrounds, either by exposing for the background or positioning something behind to catch the light. Other than that though I think these are great, and really like number 2!

Back