Bike Racer

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's one I quite liked from this weekend - probably could have done to be more to the right in the frame so he is heading into some space but I can live with it.

Lo%20pro%20bike.jpg

Very nicely done, shows him in full flight there, lovely time trialling shot.

Thanks Steve.
Bit more info on the shot:
f/7.1 (highly unusual for me (and UK weather) - usually a 2.8 man)
1/800th
ISO 1400
+.67 exposure compensation due to sun at my 10 O clock
70-200 with D3s
Laid in a ditch

I dont think the riding into the picture too big a problem with this one... but the tight crop top of head is.. theres a name for this type of cropping and i cant recall what it is..basically if you imagine the rider sitting up then his head would dissapear.. the rule of thumb is to leave enough space for that to happen... its all in the mind i guiess :)

I agree on the tight crop at top of frame - the tail of the helmet pretty much hits the frame border. It brings back many (uncomfortable) memories of early Sunday mornings hammering up and down a bit of road in pursuit of a PB - though I'd still quite like a proper bash on the modern TT bikes like that Planet-X Exocet he's riding - a far cry from my old TT rig.

I like it, though (I personally, so there's nothing wrong with your photo), it would be great to have had some road-distance behind him. i.e. if you stood back further and waited for him to have some road behind him (looks like theres a right hand bend that he's just come from) and the rider was on the left, you'd have a nice road leading off into the distance behind the rider.

Back