weekly Bilko's 52 for 2012 - Week 48 Shadow Added

Hi Robert,

Just catching up on your thread,

Sweet:- Nice one, I like it.

Secure:- Simple but oh so effective.

Industry:- Nice colours, like the way you've shot this one through railings.

Root:- those are some roots, like the perspective.

Carol

Hi Robert, I really like those Harland and Wolf cranes, when you think what was achieved there it was amazing. Have you tried a mono conversion. May work well?

'Root' is very nice I like the soft tones. it's a very nice image.

Thank you for the comments one and all. It's what keeps me going.

Just trying to catch up on things after a really busy week, with hardly any time to take any photo's, but I got one for handmade...

I don't smoke, but I used to and I used to roll my own handmade cigs. For this I popped down the shop for rollling papers and opned up a teabag. I used a single flash on a stand, direct at my hands with my assistant using the remote. :LOL: I didn't spend anywhere near as much time doing this as I would have liked to.

week 8 handmade by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

Hi,

Root, like the low POV and colours. I'd prefer a potrait orientation and the front roots look slightly OOF.

Hand made, I'm liking the sepia (?) colour and the close POV. Nice rugged hands and the thumb leads the eye into the photograph.

Trying to get round as many 52s as possible.
I'm liking your set especially secure, simple and to the point. Handmade is good composition with the sepia against the dark background emphasising the hands rugginess.

Good work on handmade Robert. Quite a simple but effective take on the theme, the lighting works well, lots of detail in the hands and great composition. You've nailed this for one you would've liked to have spent more time on. Iain

direction - great shot, love the shapes in the wheels

Fear - simply Great. B&W and grain for me pls.

sigh - another great shot, very abstract.

sweet - really good idea for a picture.

industry - love this shot, great colours and contrast. the person adds a human element. Great shot.

handmade - works very well. I like that you use yourself as the model too. Nicely lit.

Handmade is perfect; wouldn't change a thing!

Hi Robert

love your image for handmade.....good lighting , nice detail in the fingers , simple but very effective & right on theme ....good one mister :clap:

Thanks very much for the replies. I know how time consuming it is trying to reply to posts.

Week 9 Money.

I wasn't too happy with this shot, but my planned idea didn't work, so this was my plan B.

I got some pennies and cleaned them in lime juice. Placed them on paper and two off camera flashes with a bit of bounce.

Week 9 Money by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

Great colours. Nice DoF and composition. :clap:

I’m a bit behind on this one

Industry – I like the composition of the new cranes (maybe too yellow for me) and the old gate

Root – Roots of a tree is a difficult choice as they don’t always make a good picture but in this case I think you’ve pulled it off

Handmade – I like this one. The tone you’ve given it compliments the subject well

Money – Well lit and nice use of DoF

Win – Just spotted that the numbers match. I hope you’ll remember us as you order lots of shiny new camera gear LOL

Hi Robert

seem to have missed your thread - sorry

Handmade - simple and effective, I like the light

Money - not sure about the background/base - looks blue on the right and white on the left. sharp focus on the centre

Win - how did you do that with the winning numbers?:thinking: Right hand edge looks a bit dirty - if it is the edge of the paper then maybe show a bit more or remove altogether:thinking:

Just popped on to check after a busy day spending my winnings. :D

Thank you for your comments.

Back