birds in the hands

Name
Fiona
Edit My Images
Yes
have waited ages to do this shot unfortunately we ran out of light before we could do all that we wanted.... but i am very happy with what I got.
Big thanks World of Wings Cumbernauld for letting us use a couple of their birds - i realise a lot of folk wont be keen on the harsh lighting but it was purposely like this for dramatic effect.
Birds are Mishka who is a Steppes Eagle
and Kato who is a Gyr x Sakker Falkion Hybrid Thanks for looking
15285879072_ba95e7ae09_b.jpg

15283075865_07e5b64073_b.jpg

15260053526_37fbfb85ea_b.jpg

15283076085_9df96b9419_b.jpg

15266870406_73f4daa4fb_b.jpg

I could come out with something very rude (naughty) about the bird in hand phrase, but I am restraining myself ! :)

Photos are great, very gothy - but beautiful. Lovely work Fiona :)

I'm sorry to go against the grain, but none of these are working for me.

1) Close, but you've completely lost the handlers left arm. You need to have her at an angle to allow some light to get past the bird.

2) Same problem. The bird is magnificent, but the light does not do either of them justice.

3) I can see what you're trying to do, but I don't like the uplight much.

4) Massively underexposed and very flat looking. Expression is not great either (not the bird!).

5) Same problem as the others with the light. If you'd had the key light the other side most of these issues would have been resolved, but, in essence, you've made a classic mistake when shooting multiple subjects - poor lighting position.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but with a bit more thought this could have been a great shoot.

Back