Birds of Prey

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this is the same image (albeit from a different host) as the second image in your initial post, then DEFiNITELY use the direct links from your website rather than the original method...
Yep same image, but directly linked from my website..

Yep same image, but directly linked from my website..

well, by preference I'd ALWAYS go with images from my own hosting rather than an external source (or the gallery provided here) because you basically know exactly what's gone in there when you upload it, and it shouldn't get resized or otherwise messed around with.

well, by preference I'd ALWAYS go with images from my own hosting rather than an external source (or the gallery provided here) because you basically know exactly what's gone in there when you upload it, and it shouldn't get resized or otherwise messed around with.
Yeah i did not realise there was that much of a difference. I do now though!

I'd recommend...

Own Hosting > Flickr > Photobucket > TP Gallery > TP "Attached Files"

In order of decreasing quality... Ultimately the TP Gallery is more of a "hosting of last resort" or somewhere to host edited pictures from other members where an edit has been made to explain something...

Frac, if I'm wrong this time, I apologise :)
likewise, sorry for being a stroppy git, I have genuinely tried to help Alex after her rather unpleasant start.

likewise, sorry for being a stroppy git, .

I don't think that you are "stroppy"

He can't read it anyway .... so it doesn't matter

(now that could be construed to be indirectly sarcastic by some ....... in fact I have just read thru the Wiki definition and it is a really good, and quite an amusing read)

PS - is that hawk above with the blown highlights supposed to have a cream or a white breast ...... hawks are not my thing, so just asking?

Last edited:
I don't think that you are "stroppy"

He can't read it anyway .... so it doesn't matter

(now that could be construed to be indirectly sarcastic by some ....... in fact I have just read thru the Wiki definition and it is a really good, and quite an amusing read)

PS - is that hawk above with the blown highlights supposed to have a cream or a white breast ...... hawks are not my thing, so just asking?
Not blown on my screen at all.

Sigh. I'm gone. I can't be botherd with your little digs. The mods are obviously not going to sort you out Billn_33 while you run amok. Goodluck with being so obnoxious.

Last edited:
Sigh. I'm gone. I can't be botherd with your little digs. The mods are obviously not going to sort you out Billn_33 while you run amok. Goodluck with being so obnoxious.

you have posted your images in this section to be discussed and critiqued, it would seems that you are incapable of understanding such, do you know what the word means?

critique is not about telling you that your shots are marvellous or the words that you want to hear

This section is a critique section

Last edited:
#3 from the first set and the last Tawny Owl shot are the best of the bunch imho.As for the one with the White background,i am not sure what you were trying to achieve.I may be wrong but was that a natural background?To me it just looks like a copy and paste job,and the highlights are definately blown on that shot.And this is not a dig Alexandra,just speaking as I see.

#3 from the first set and the last Tawny Owl shot are the best of the bunch imho.As for the one with the White background,i am not sure what you were trying to achieve.I may be wrong but was that a natural background?To me it just looks like a copy and paste job,and the highlights are definately blown on that shot.And this is not a dig Alexandra,just speaking as I see.
The white background was his home. Just a white wall.
That was taken last year on a d7000.

you have posted your images in this section to be discussed and critiqued, it would seems that you are incapable of understanding such, do you know what the word means?

critique is not about telling you that your shots are marvellous or the words that you want to hear

This section is a critique section
To critique it politely would of been to have said that it had blown highlights..not a snide dig in the conversation.

To critique it politely would of been to have said that it had blown highlights..not a snide dig in the conversation.

but it hasn't got blown highlights according to you?

you are incapable of understanding

(PS - "stroppy" is an expert on Hawks - but he ignores me anyway)

Last edited:
View attachment 35664 Hate to tell you this guys, but its your monitors. The hightlights can be seen here in lightroom with the highlight clipping button in the corner. And the are not clipped or blown at all.

do you know how to use LR - there are three areas of blown whites

I just give up - you are not worth the effort

This is a wind up. Surely??

This is a wind up. Surely??

I need to go and lie down in a dark room and think about the voters in the UK election ........ I am not allowed to vote .......... being not resident in the UK

Last edited:
I need to go and lie down in a dark room and think about the voters in the UK election ........ I am not allowed to vote .......... being not resident in the UK

I'm sure Nigel will be disappointed. I'll tell him you're asking for him tho;)

have you noticed he always drinks pints out of a "straight" glass

Funny that, I always used to prefer a straight glass too, back in the dark distant past when I used to drink.

Why would it be a wind up?
it is not the answer to the problem Alex. Stick around, there are some helpful and very good bird photographers on here.

it is not the answer to the problem Alex. Stick around, there are some helpful and very good bird photographers on here.

10417811_10205486952671486_6392024353599068406_n_zpsstv0egxd.jpg

You are a woman Alexandra,you are the stronger of the species, or so my wife keeps reminding me :D But yeh hang in there,you will gain more from those that speak their mind about yours or anyone elses picture than the "Nice shots" comments.Nobody on here is here to Bully anyone,ignore Bill as he has lost the plot ;)

I'm closing this temporarily.

reopened. The behaviour by some individuals is quite frankly pathetic.

OP deleted, thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back