Birkenshaw Steeple

It has been so long since I was on the Fórum. Couldn't remeber how to post an image! Worked it out in the end!
Just a trial post. Looking to get back into taking part...... :clap:

Since the willowherb's out of focus and the steeple's very dark and thus lacking in texture / detail, the image is oversimple and there's little to latch onto.

I think I disagree. I presume the lack of focus in the flowers (or willowherb, for that matter!) is intentional and the stark contrast between the quite spooky-looking steeple and the soft willowherb creates quite a dramatic image.

Hmmmmm - I'm somewhere in between the two views given so far.

I'm definitely getting the atmospheric contrast between the spooky steeple and the soft willowherb (I had no idea that's what that stuff was called!) that the stranger is seeing, but kind of feel the need to give it a bit more oomph or interest per Rog.
Personally, I think I'd like to see just a little more space above the steeple just to get some more sky in and then take the burn tool to some of the clouds to bring out some more contrast and drama.

Hmmmmm - I'm somewhere in between the two views given so far.

I'm definitely getting the atmospheric contrast between the spooky steeple and the soft willowherb (I had no idea that's what that stuff was called!) that the stranger is seeing, but kind of feel the need to give it a bit more oomph or interest per Rog.
Personally, I think I'd like to see just a little more space above the steeple just to get some more sky in and then take the burn tool to some of the clouds to bring out some more contrast and drama.

I agree on your point about the sky, I feel its being relatively blank somewhat detracts from the image.

Back