Bittern

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
I found this bird last week at the Teifi Marshes, Cardigan.

You can read about it in my blog - click on the link below to open it.

http://wp.me/p2BFlt-l6

As mentioned at the end of the post, would Photoshop's content-aware cloning remove the out-of-focus, inverted-v shape reed stem in front of the bird? It looks like a really difficult cloning job in Lightroom. Or maybe it's not that much of a distraction? I can't be sure about it.

View attachment 29389

It wouldn't be too hard to clone out, at least for a web-size quality pic. As for the bittern, it's great to see these guys doing so well these days :)

Its a nice shot mate, quite hard to get Bitterns and normally only see their heads sticking out the reed beds, I like the image a lot but I feel if you framed it differently without the bird in the central it would enhance the image, not sure if you could have done this as threads etc. could have been in your way but a overall good image and blog write up about it (y)

Nice shot :) I have spent hours in this hide hoping to capture this guy but to no avail but I will keep trying one day I will get lucky fingers crossed.

As mentioned at the end of the post, would Photoshop's content-aware cloning remove the out-of-focus, inverted-v shape reed stem in front of the bird?

With care yes it would, but in all honestly, with this bird, I don't think it matters as it's in its environment and everyone knows how secretive it is :)

Its a nice shot mate, quite hard to get Bitterns and normally only see their heads sticking out the reed beds, I like the image a lot but I feel if you framed it differently without the bird in the central it would enhance the image, not sure if you could have done this as threads etc. could have been in your way but a overall good image and blog write up about it (y)

Cheers; yes, there's plenty of scope for different crops. You know me.....I love panoramic crops........... But for some reason I liked central for this one.

Great capture, Jeremy (y) - and I wouldn't worry about the oof reed - this is the bird's natural environment after all!

Russ

Cheers. It just slightly bugs me that it's OOF.

Nice shot :) I have spent hours in this hide hoping to capture this guy but to no avail but I will keep trying one day I will get lucky fingers crossed.

Really! in the kingfisher hide! Keep trying while the reeds are so low....it makes a real difference.

Back