Mostly tweaking in light room

Upped contrast, shadows and whites

Slightly downed highlights and well down on blacks

Clarity +40
Upped vibrance

And upped both lights and darks on the tone curve

It looks kinda cool in colour too :D

Oh and B&W'd it

Nice one. I'm after a picture of the girls in this style but full length, put on canvas and it can be a pressie for the missus. I would imagine a lot hangs on the original shot, I shall experiment. Thanks for the advice (y)

Nice one. I'm after a picture of the girls in this style but full length, put on canvas and it can be a pressie for the missus. I would imagine a lot hangs on the original shot, I shall experiment. Thanks for the advice (y)

Mine was shot indoors - whiteish background with flash bounced off the ceiling. I think you will need a very stark/uncluttered background to carry it off.

I have the perfect spot surprisingly, my house is brimming with stuff but we still have a bare wall that I can use :)

12697753593_a678551c56_o.jpg

My daughter Lucy with her French Horn
0021Lucy_French_HornB%26W-XL.jpg

A touch of blue in your adjustment brush there me thinks. I've made this mistake a few times.. Just remember to put if back to opaque after using it.

I love B & W

many years ago a client came wanting me to make him look like a 'Russian' to get him some TV acting work -- I hope I succeded . I used a 1970's Canon FTBn I had bought from a Camera Club member who was 'disenchanted- with it as he couldn't get any club 'winning photos' -- I used the 100mm f2.8 Canon SSC lens , Ilford Pan F film processed in ID 11 1+1 dilution -- a 20x16" Darkroom print won me many awards in Exhibitions. Lighting was by a Bowens 750 W Special and my 1960's Braun Hobby twin flash outfit.

KGB-Comrade
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

many years ago a client came wanting me to make him look like a 'Russian' to get him some TV acting work -- I hope I succeded . I used a 1970's Canon FTBn I had bought from a Camera Club member who was 'disenchanted- with it as he couldn't get any club 'winning photos' -- I used the 100mm f2.8 Canon SSC lens , Ilford Pan F film processed in ID 11 1+1 dilution -- a 20x16" Darkroom print won me many awards in Exhibitions. Lighting was by a Bowens 750 W Special and my 1960's Braun Hobby twin flash outfit.

KGB-Comrade
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

You did a damn fine job of it! He would put the fear up Putin. Like the mangled ear.

Back