Black and white

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
hi!
I havnt posted for a while. Thought i would post these two to get some crit and advice. They are self portraits which i have not done before so i was unsure about how to focus and how to direct the light. Not to mention my awkwardness in front of the camera! Anyway these are what i came up with.

3618732019_bfa846b61d.jpg

3618731229_6bd08b8491.jpg

hi!
I havnt posted for a while. Thought i would post these two to get some crit and advice. They are self portraits which i have not done before so i was unsure about how to focus and how to direct the light. Not to mention my awkwardness in front of the camera! Anyway these are what i came up with.

3618732019_bfa846b61d.jpg

3618731229_6bd08b8491.jpg

Like the first shot best. I think the vignette works well.

I love the pose in 1. but i think the light is a little harsh on the top of your head which then leaves a really dark shadow under the chin try lifting the light a little higher and closer that should wrap the light round the face a touch more.. The lighting in number 2 is wonderful was it all natural? I do think it would of benefited from the whole window width to be in frame to give you some space to look in too.

Don't take that the wrong way it is just an observation and I do think these have the makings of a wonderful set of images..

Last edited:
I love the pose in 1. but i think the light is a little harsh on the top of your head which then leaves a really dark shadow under the chin try lifting the light a little higher and closer that should wrap the light round the face a touch more.. The lighting in number 2 is wonderful was it all natural? I do think it would of benefited from the whole window width to be in frame to give you some space to look in too.

Don't take that the wrong way it is just an observation and I do think these have the makings of a wonderful set of images..

Thanks Onform. It was all natural light. I agree with you about the lighting in Number one and i am going to try that pose again. this time on someone else so i have more control! I cropped the second one alot as the window handle and other curtain looked a bit messy, but i like the idea of someone standing at a full length window. So that too will be another attempt!

Back