Black Headed Gull

Edit My Images
Yes
It was a lovely day at Leighton Moss last Friday, but I was not over impressed with my photographic skills of the day. However I did like this one....the unusual bokeh is a result from the strips in the farmers field beyond:)

Black Headed Gull
by brickdav, on Flickr

as you say, the background and indeed the foreground grasses really add to the image

The usual observation - try a little more space to the left and don't put the bird in the centre of the frame - just for comparison - and see what you think - but don't loose any of the attractive grasses, or go too far and push the wings too far to the right …. just a little more space to the left

well done it is a really attractive overall composition

Last edited:
Many thanks everybody.

Bill - I've thought this myself (more space to the left) when I've seen photos of BIF's in the past ie the space is where they are going. But on this occasion with it coming into land I thought central worked ok......but I know what you mean. I've just done a couple of crops on the laptop and I'm 50/50 in which looks best.....decisions, decisions...:)

Many thanks everybody.

Bill - I've thought this myself (more space to the left) when I've seen photos of BIF's in the past ie the space is where they are going. But on this occasion with it coming into land I thought central worked ok......but I know what you mean. I've just done a couple of crops on the laptop and I'm 50/50 in which looks best.....decisions, decisions...:)

you just have to do it and compare them - All parts of your image are attractive rather than just the bird - I've just take it back a little so as to make it not obvious that the bird is centralised

Back