Black On White White On Black

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

A few weeks back I tried some darkfield and lightfield lighting after reading and recieving advice via @Garry Edwards.
I enjoyed the process and thought what would happen if I placed a background half way down the glass and some black cards to the sides.

I was hoping to get a combination of both types of lighting.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Gaz

Te932iD.jpg

Great Idea and well executed Gary :)

I personally would have extended the image to include the full reflection of those wine glasses, but hey, that's just me

Les :)

Yes, a massive leap forward compared with what you've done in the past, well done.

Great Idea and well executed Gary :)

I personally would have extended the image to include the full reflection of those wine glasses, but hey, that's just me

Les :)
Hi Les.

Thanks for leaving some feedback. I see what you mean regarding the full reflection. I decided not to do that as a couple of weeks back whilst practicing I did take some with the full reflection included.
At the time I was very pleased with the effect but some days later I thought they just looked like the image had been copied and flipped over.
If you get what I mean ?

Gaz
Yes, a massive leap forward compared with what you've done in the past, well done.
Thanks Garry.

I appreciate the help and you stopping by to leave feedback.

Gaz

Hi Les.

Thanks for leaving some feedback. I see what you mean regarding the full reflection. I decided not to do that as a couple of weeks back whilst practicing I did take some with the full reflection included.
At the time I was very pleased with the effect but some days later I thought they just looked like the image had been copied and flipped over.
If you get what I mean ?

Gaz

Thanks Garry.

I appreciate the help and you stopping by to leave feedback.

Gaz

Yes I can see how that would look Gary - I have a nice new lens arriving today, I may well give your idea a go too

Les:)

Just an update on this. I am a member of a camera club. I put this in one of the comps and it did surprisingly well. Obviously I liked it, but not having seen anything in our comps before like this, I had no idea how it would fare. Acheived 20 points out of 20. Course with a different judge it could score 15.

I've seen it happen, many times !

Gaz

Just an update on this. I am a member of a camera club. I put this in one of the comps and it did surprisingly well. Obviously I liked it, but not having seen anything in our comps before like this, I had no idea how it would fare. Acheived 20 points out of 20. Course with a different judge it could score 15.

I've seen it happen, many times !

Gaz
When I was a pro photographer, all that mattered was whether or not my clients were happy with my work and now that I'm retired all that matters to me is whether I'm happy with it or not, the opinion of a camera club judge wouldn't matter to me at all - but well done - not for getting 20/20 in a camera club competition, but for becoming a much, much better photographer recently.

@Garry Edwards
Thank you for your words of encouragement.

I hope you get a buzz out of my little successes as your guidance on all things lighting as been invaluable.

Gaz

Back