Black Stone Cherry @ JB's, Dudley (gig shots)

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to see my boys (Heaven's Basement) supporting Black Stone Cherry on Tuesday night and boy are they good!! At one point the guitar tech came on stage and took over lead guitar, and the lead went onto drums and the drummer came forward and played harmonica............brilliant night!! Lights were good too ;) Used Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and Canon 70-200 f2.8. Only needed flash occasionally thanks to good lighting man!!!! :LOL: ISO mainly 1600 but occasionally 3200 :eek:

Not posted for a while so I'd love your opinions; especially those who really know how to shoot gigs..........am I getting any better?? Are these too much like portraits and not enough life???

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

Ok..........go for it!!

The Heaven's Basement set are here: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=139686

Last edited:
Captured the action nicely! :) Love the one of the guy in a bandana giving it some! lol

Great pics, especially the last one (y)

Saw BSC at the Barrowlands Glasgow in December, superb

Nice shots , great venue.....Photographed Paul Gilbert there a couple of times (see While My Guitar Gently Weeps thread)

I saw these guys last week supporting Nickelback. They were awesome!

Anyway, number 5 is great. I love shot... the lead (Chris) with the guitarist (Ben aka the Thing - he always has his hair over his face!) in the bg, works so well!

Did you find it hard to shoot Ben? He bounces around so much, it's hard to get him in focus!

Nice work here, but did the ISO really need to be that high? Most gigs I shoot (mainly from the crowd with my SONY DSC-H50 manual compact) are in shutter priority with a shutter of 200th of a second and ISO 200/400, bearing in mind I am usually always maxed out on zoom so the aperture is around f/5.6. Having said that the quality of these pictures is still quite impressive.

wtf voodoo I wanna go to those gigs, 1/50th f1.8 iso 1000+ I need to shoot places that have more light shows

You have really captured the energy here - very vibrant and bold. Great set.

Gary.

Back