Blackpool in Winter

Edit My Images
Yes
I was in Blackpool last month so had to go down to the fromt and this is one of the shots i took. I didn't think it came out too badly but i am sure you lot can give me some pointer into how i can improve my pictures, so have fun at my expence!!!!!

Brassneck

pic didn't go on at first attempt so pls see below.

Blackpool_Sea_resized.jpg

Go back in summmer...

... seriously tho...

It's not a bad shot just lacking in colour. A conversion to B&W would surely help

perhaps like this....

Blackpool_Sea_b_w.jpg

Mmm........ blown highlights in clouds - can they be rescued?.........Is that birds or sensor dust? Either way get rid...............crop left hand kerb (I think) line is distracting...............All those things would help shot which is not bad but I feel lacks any real drama. Yes the lighting is low and agressive, yes the waves are thrashing but you somehow are disconnected from those elements. The diagonal of the railing is not strong enough. A great shot was there and you managed to get a good one.

You obviously know what should be in a photograph, you just have to get these components to work together in a more powerful way.

Given a strong review as I think that was what you wanted but hopefully you will find it fair :)

I was after a strong review your right and as for the railing not being strong that would be down to the fact that i didn't have tripod with me and as you say thrashing waves it also had thrashing wind like you would never imagine, only stayed on the front for 5 mins then had to retreat.

Also Oldgit the black and white is good also i was undicided whether to go B&W or not as the cload in blue seemed to lift the pic a bit but as was said the cloads may well be blown out.

Also as far as the dird or dust i'm not sure i don't think it is dust but i did have to blow out the body that weekend so you never know???

Needs a couple or a lone person walking along by the railings towards the steps for some middle/near distance interest I think. Wearing bright colours.

Back