weekly blakesters 2014 52 - Retired Gracefully

blakester

Shine On Harvest Moon
Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Even though I have yet to complete last years 52, I thought I'd start this years thread as an extra incentive.

I look forward to the coming year and everyone's threads!

Good luck from Down Under (temporarily)

wooohooo....good to see you back Iain .....can't wait to see what your imagination comes up with this year :clap:

Welcome Iain!

Thanks David

Welcome I look forward to following your work.

Thanks Mandy and I too with your 52

Super job Iain... Glad you are still in :clap:

Cheers Dean

wooohooo....good to see you back Iain .....can't wait to see what your imagination comes up with this year :clap:

Thanks Lynne

Hi, Iain, I forgot your were down under.

It wouldn't be the same without you :thumbs;

Cheers.

Cheers Andy

Right, I have been through my photographs from my recent trip away and have come up with the following which were taken within the week of the theme.
They may need a little crowbar to bring them on theme but I thought I'd get the thread started. C&C welcome as always.

A line (spiral) of shells

Week 1 - Line (spiral)
by iain blake, on Flickr

(Coast) Line
These are two of the 'Twelve Apostles' on the Great Ocean Road, Melbourne

Week 1 - (Coast)Line
by iain blake, on Flickr

Hi Iain, colours and tones on the shells are excellent, how tall are those rocks the shadows on the sand makes them look huge
good to see you back

Two very good images i like what you did with the shells lovely composition, nice colour's and tones as well. The second image is also very good plenty of detail in the sky and i like the colour's in the rocks and i like the reflection in the sand off the rocks.

Two very nice pictures specially like the shell lovely colours, clever idea

Thanks Judi (y)

Two very good images i like what you did with the shells lovely composition, nice colour's and tones as well. The second image is also very good plenty of detail in the sky and i like the colour's in the rocks and i like the reflection in the sand off the rocks.

Thanks Mandy (y)
I shall be getting around to everyone's threads soon.

Hi Iain

I watched your thread last year with great interest, particularly loved your fork inventions!

Likeing both of these particularly the shells, love the way it messes with my eyes!

Hi Iain

I watched your thread last year with great interest, particularly loved your fork inventions!

Likeing both of these particularly the shells, love the way it messes with my eyes!

Thanks Hazel, very kind of you to say (y)
Keep looking in, the forks may well make an appearance this year too ;)

Hi Iain, someone else on their travels.

Love the shells, you must have some patience to sort them in size then set them out, well worth it though.

Good luck with yet another year of 52ing

Neil

Cheers Neil, sad as I am, I enjoy the searching and sorting as much as the photographing them :D
Born and bred in a town, now live in a small rural village and work in the City but I love the coast, beaches, go figure :D

H, Iain, line #1 for me. Cracking symmetry, lovely tones and the black surface works really well.

You must have a large bedroom for you props :D

Cheers.

Cheers Andy (y)
This was done whilst on holiday, I couldn't bring the shells back with me so had to leave them.

Stunning start to your new 52 Iain,.......the Shell spiral is wonderful...you really do have a lot of patience & an eye for detail :clap:

Thanks Lynne (y)
i have been having a think about this years 52, particularly about my choice of subjects.
It was mentioned (quite correctly) last year that a lot of my images are still life and taken indoors. i thought about trying to steer away from that this year but don't want to put any pressure on myself. I will certainly try and get out more but time is at a premium at times with work hours so will see how it goes?

There are bound to be some of my default subjects this year again, I can't help myself :D

2nd image for me (y)

Looked and thought, wouldn't mind going there mi self...........then read 'Great Ocean Road, Melbourne' :(:D

2nd image for me (y)

Looked and thought, wouldn't mind going there mi self...........then read 'Great Ocean Road, Melbourne' :(:D

Cheers Phil (y)
Yes its a fantastic place, one where I'd have liked to spend more time but unfortunately couldn't.

Hey Iain :)

Line - Very nice, I wonder how many times you had to re-arrange them after knocking one a tad, they look very nicely lined up, love the square crop and excellent detail :)

Line - That looks a lovely spot, liking the portrait crop, the colours in the sand, water and even a touch of blue in the sky, the rocks stand out nicely against the clouds too (y)

Crit... Well, you didn't take me with you :bat:

Hey Iain :)

Line - Very nice, I wonder how many times you had to re-arrange them after knocking one a tad, they look very nicely lined up, love the square crop and excellent detail :)

Line - That looks a lovely spot, liking the portrait crop, the colours in the sand, water and even a touch of blue in the sky, the rocks stand out nicely against the clouds too (y)

Crit... Well, you didn't take me with you :bat:

Thanks Dean, yes, it took a while to set it up and tinker with them.

The beach shot, that was a fantastic place, just the scale of it from standing on the beach was breath taking. My photographs don't really do it justice.
I could have spent hours there but unfortunately couldn't, we had to crack on and get to our accommodation for the night.

Thanks Dean, yes, it took a while to set it up and tinker with them.

The beach shot, that was a fantastic place, just the scale of it from standing on the beach was breath taking. My photographs don't really do it justice.
I could have spent hours there but unfortunately couldn't, we had to crack on and get to our accommodation for the night.
Yeah can see that from the other shot... nice and warm too I bet :)

Hey Iain :wave: I can't believe you've signed up for another year, I thought you had had enough last year!?!?!? I'm thinking you're just a little bit :banana::banana:

Anyhow, I think the shell shot is superb, the spirals jump out, look one way and more seem to appear. Very clever.
Coast line, I can't fault your choice there, but yours is way better than mine, for a start it's in focus! I particularly like the way the blue in the sky seems to reflect the shadow on the sand (y)

Well, as ever I look forward to following your 52 again.

Hey Iain :wave: I can't believe you've signed up for another year, I thought you had had enough last year!?!?!? I'm thinking you're just a little bit :banana::banana:

Anyhow, I think the shell shot is superb, the spirals jump out, look one way and more seem to appear. Very clever.
Coast line, I can't fault your choice there, but yours is way better than mine, for a start it's in focus! I particularly like the way the blue in the sky seems to reflect the shadow on the sand (y)

Well, as ever I look forward to following your 52 again.

Hi Marsha, I thought I'd had enough last year too but couldn't help myself :D
Thanks for your C&C, and heres to another year of frustration haha.

Hi Ian, love the shell shot, really nice colours and well composed.

Thanks Michael, much appreciated (y)

Hi Marsha, I thought I'd had enough last year too but couldn't help myself :D

same story here Iain. :wave:

Your patience with the shells is again inspiring - beautiful, even having them in size order going round from the centre.

and the rocks on the coastLINE, o_O, fantastic, nice composition, although something that impressive should be hard not to get a good shot of. Liking the composition and the portrait orientation.

I'am liking the shells a lot! The way you have arranged them the lighting and the background all contribute to a very good picture. The coastline scene is good nicely exposed didn't realise how big they were until you posted a reference photo!

The shells pic is a stunning shot: beautiful colours and really powerful, eye-dazzling lines. Blimey, you must have the patience of a saint to set them out so neatly!

same story here Iain. :wave:

Your patience with the shells is again inspiring - beautiful, even having them in size order going round from the centre.

and the rocks on the coastLINE, o_O, fantastic, nice composition, although something that impressive should be hard not to get a good shot of. Liking the composition and the portrait orientation.

Thanks Graham (y)
Having a bit of OCD helps in these circumstances :D
It was such an impressive place, I could easily have spent hours there waiting for different light etc.

I'am liking the shells a lot! The way you have arranged them the lighting and the background all contribute to a very good picture. The coastline scene is good nicely exposed didn't realise how big they were until you posted a reference photo!

Thanks Paul (y)

The shells pic is a stunning shot: beautiful colours and really powerful, eye-dazzling lines. Blimey, you must have the patience of a saint to set them out so neatly!

Cheers (y)

I have nothing to add to the critique above, except to say that the shells pic is stunning.

Thank you (y)

Hi Iain, The shells image is great. Nice complimentary background. I guess it took you a while to set up all those. The pattern on the shells has been well held in the image as well.

Hi Iain, The shells image is great. Nice complimentary background. I guess it took you a while to set up all those. The pattern on the shells has been well held in the image as well.

Hi Peter, yes it took some time to set them up but I do think one has to be spot on with this sort of image because its all under control, there are no excuses for not having it just so. I have done similar in the past and not applied the attention to detail. Then looking at it on the computer I have noticed some mistakes and thought aargh how did I miss that? haha

Back