weekly blakesters 52 for 2013 Finally Complete! Last 3 weeks added

Lady of leisure, hahahahahahaha. Alas the kids are only at school until 1230 each day, I am trying to sort my photography library out just now, getting out with the camera has been difficult but I do spend a few hours every day trying to sort through things and learn photoshop and LR stuff! I am not sure how I coped with a job and no hubby last year!

Lady of leisure, hahahahahahaha. Alas the kids are only at school until 1230 each day, I am trying to sort my photography library out just now, getting out with the camera has been difficult but I do spend a few hours every day trying to sort through things and learn photoshop and LR stuff! I am not sure how I coped with a job and no hubby last year!

Thought that might've got a reaction :D
I have heard that from lots of people who have given up work/retired etc that they don't know how they ever managed to fit work in.
I have downloaded the adobe creative cloud with LR and PS. Still getting to grips with LR, its fantastic piece of software, would you agree?

LR is awesome and infuriating in the same breath! Whatever you do DO NOT edit and then rename your photos using the same naming convention, it screws up your metadata and leaves the film strip doing things that are totally bonkers!
I need to come up with a filing structure, I can't seem to organise my life which is causing issues, so if you have any tips as to how you file yours that would be appreciated!

Have you gone for the full Adobe CC? I was thinking of just doing Photoshop CC. But I have decided it's time to work through the Adobe CS5 classroom in a book before I upgrade to CC! I was playing with a collage last night, then spent this morning learning how to edit different layers within the collage, it's such a powerful bit of kit!

LR is awesome and infuriating in the same breath! Whatever you do DO NOT edit and then rename your photos using the same naming convention, it screws up your metadata and leaves the film strip doing things that are totally bonkers!
I need to come up with a filing structure, I can't seem to organise my life which is causing issues, so if you have any tips as to how you file yours that would be appreciated!

Have you gone for the full Adobe CC? I was thinking of just doing Photoshop CC. But I have decided it's time to work through the Adobe CS5 classroom in a book before I upgrade to CC! I was playing with a collage last night, then spent this morning learning how to edit different layers within the collage, it's such a powerful bit of kit!

Not sure which version of CC Ive got, it costs about £8 a month and for that I get full photoshop CS6, LR 5 and a few other things which I haven't a clue what they do.

I sort my photographs at the time of uploading, putting them into sub folders.
Beyond that, I haven't really got a system :D

Not sure if its an offer or not Marsha, they extended the price out to people who were not previous legacy owners, my Scottishness kicked in at that price so I signed up before christmas.
I do have a lot of folders yes, I am looking at LR now and I am guessing there are maybe 100 folders of different days out/events etc with my camera.
The LR info bar at the side says there are 30500 on my computer.

I downloaded it and then just let it work its magic.
It dragged everything over, not by itself obviously, I must've clicked some button somewhere to agree to that :D

I believe it gives you that option when you first run it!

I'm too fearful that'll I'll make a balls of it and delete something! I lost a few photos with the renaming glitch so I don't do that anymore!

How are you finding it in general? Survey mode is rather cool, especially for triptych and collage stuff. I used it to align the photos in my wake boarding collage (just gone onto Flickr).

I have found Julianne Kost from Adobe TV a great source of knowledge!

Back