Blue tit

Printed fine and I am happy with the white balance , surprised you commented a you stated some time ago I was on your ignore list and to be honest your opinion means absolutely nothing to me, also I have not had the best weeks recently and the last thing I need is you stirring things up

Last edited:
Removed. Suspension given
Mod Edit : Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only one opinion which doesn't matter!

I think its a great who, nice capture. Particularly love his expression in the 2nd shot. Beautifully sharp too. Great work :)

I love a good Blue Tit image... but, I'm inclined to agree with Neil, also, the posing in the second one looks awkward, but then it's always tricky to get a good straight on type of bird image.
So, sorry Den I don't feel this is your best work.

Hi thanks for the comment I don't want great shot ,just a respectful comment , Neilb as history with me and he knows it , and it's not what he said it's how he said it, I have lost a family member , two dogs and a cat all loving members of the family in the last four weeks, it took me a while to sit back in my hides and get the motivation back , I love my wildlife photography and I love TP for sharing my images I just won't sit back and let people have free digs just for the sake of it , and take it from me all my recent sales crap or not have been purchased by non blind people , you do need to grow up Neil

Lee , that comment is much more appreciated ,I will have another look at the WB that I don't conceding could be out but the print looks good ,

Last edited:
1st is a lovely pose and I can understand why it would be popular ... 2nd is certainly an unusual angle so 'face on' and staring eye contact but again I like it :)

1st is a lovely pose and I can understand why it would be popular ... 2nd is certainly an unusual angle so 'face on' and staring eye contact but again I like it :)
Thanks for the comment, I have had a look at my processed image and to be honest WB out or not I couldn't find a happy temperature from the one I have,i am not saying its not out , just that I am happy with the outcome ,i have got non editing ticked but if anyone wants to to have a go at the WB (RICH) as i know i will get a honest feedback please feel free to have a go,what i have noticed is the Log the bird is on looks a tad unreal and i think that's down to pulling the highlights back to much as i did a selective process on that on both images

I think they're both great shots.
Had a wee tweak with the white balance.

a32abf39700a2e7242a79dda2122bb5d.jpg

The first image is nice, but it has a "yellow fog" to it... at first I thought maybe it was shot thru some OOF obstructions.
Not sure what you use for editing, but a levels adjustment in PS is my first choice for setting WB/contrast... works well 90% of the time.
Your preference says no edits; otherwise I'd post an example.

The first image is nice, but it has a "yellow fog" to it... at first I thought maybe it was shot thru some OOF obstructions.
Not sure what you use for editing, but a levels adjustment in PS is my first choice for setting WB/contrast... works well 90% of the time.
Your preference says no edits; otherwise I'd post an example.
Den said he was happy for us to have a tweak.

To me it looks like the background is the main issue. It's not wrong as such but just doesn't show off the main subject in the best light, i.e. if the background was a different colour the blue tit would stand out more.

Well then... PS levels adjustment. Set white pt on forehead, set black point on belly stripe. Adjusted gamma midpoint slightly left.
Looks a tad better ,possibly a mixture of a few things ,I appreciate the time taken to have a tweak ,a wee bit guilty sometimes of rushing my editing ....

Far from perfect and is only one more persons take on the picture. I could have spent a touch more time on the BG. I would have said the original may have been a bit underexposed,and it looks like the light was not in favour.As always working from the original will yield much better results,Clicking on this one for a larger image does improve a tad more.Sorry to hear of your losses Den, hope things get back to normal soon.

15355402686_e871b4e0dd_b_zps539c3e6c.jpg

Last edited:
I can see why the image has caused a little consternation as in confusion.

A bit of a strange looking Blue Tit surrounded by a warm looking background

The beak on the first looks a little out of proportion and the second image is taken from a funny angle

Don't know what to make of them, ……… just different and certainly unusual shots Dennis

but it's the "Bird" Section so why worry about what's said

Back