Blurred Poppies - Does this work?

I think this kind of works on one level - That of a modern art kind of level. A couple of thoughts though, I think it needs a little more contrast and brightness. Had you not said it was poppies, I'd not have had a clue what it was. Perhaps a little less blur so that you can make out what is it, if you want people to know that is.

Hope that helps.

swag72 said:
I think this kind of works on one level - That of a modern art kind of level. A couple of thoughts though, I think it needs a little more contrast and brightness. Had you not said it was poppies, I'd not have had a clue what it was. Perhaps a little less blur so that you can make out what is it, if you want people to know that is.

Hope that helps.

I'll have a play on ps again! Thanks for the advice. I'll re visit and see what I can do!

I like this and I knew exactly what it was as soon as I saw it I wouldn't have needs the title to tell me that (y) but I do think that I'd make the colours a lot more vibrant give it some real impact (y) after all it's an abstract so that gives you some artistic licence :D

Matt
MWHCVT

MWHCVT said:
I like this and I knew exactly what it was as soon as I saw it I wouldn't have needs the title to tell me that (y) but I do think that I'd make the colours a lot more vibrant give it some real impact (y) after all it's an abstract so that gives you some artistic licence :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt! I'll boost the colours over the weekend if I get a chance! :D. I'm glad you like it! (y)

I like the idea of it being artistic and abstract.

It is a different take on the normal "field of poppies" so it immediately made me curious.

I agree with the comments above for boosting colours and contrast - it will have much greater impact on the viewer.

Seriously Jake - If I saw this in a gallery - I would buy it - it is a super image.

I could look at it for ages and not tire of it.

Would also have potential as a post card or greetings card.

Last edited:
rhody said:
Seriously Jake - If I saw this in a gallery - I would buy it - it is a super image.

I could look at it for ages and not tire of it.

Would also have potential as a post card or greetings card.

Wow! Thanks :D. I'll keep an eye on it :) I'm really please with this image!!

Last edited:
Really like this one- got a thing for abstracts. Is this a vertical pan through the exposure?

Jim_Tod said:
Really like this one- got a thing for abstracts. Is this a vertical pan through the exposure?

Thanks it's proving very popular!
Yes it is, only a small pan though, as not to blur beyond recognition.

The edited version is excellent. Ive seen a few of these recently and they are growing on me. Yours is definitely up there with the best of them Jake. Nice one fella :clap:

Scottie68 said:
The edited version is excellent. Ive seen a few of these recently and they are growing on me. Yours is definitely up there with the best of them Jake. Nice one fella :clap:

Thanks! I'm much happier with the edited version! Wow really? Thank you very much!!

Back