BMW 316 E21

Wow, nice car and a nice set of pics.

'kin stunning!

Lovely balance of light too.

Don't normally comment on photographs of cars but these are really quite stunning!

Really nice lighting and PP, shame the owner has the front bumper trim missing as it spoils the look of the car.

Well lit shots, do you have a picture of your set up?

I followed the owners build on this car over on PistonHeads.. a lot of time and effort has gone into rescuing it!

Thanks guys!

Well lit shots, do you have a picture of your set up?

I never remember to step back a bit and get a setup shot!

Three Canon 600EX-RT, bare, manual, full power. Pointed at the three visible corners of the car, front and back for the side on shot.

I did use my favourite light stands though, they're a bit special - voice activated with remote control position and height adjustment. They work well, just a bit noisy sometimes and don't always respond to voice commands! :D

I admire your work and feel very inspired by the shots, especially with the lighting. Something i will be practising a lot more this year!

I did use my favourite light stands though, they're a bit special - voice activated with remote control position and height adjustment. They work well, just a bit noisy sometimes and don't always respond to voice commands! :D

I looked into getting some of those. Was put off by reviews I read saying they moan and groan a lot and require occasional feeding and watering.

BMWs at their best, compact, smart and sporty, as well as desirable. Saw a 218d Sports ActivTourer this morning, bland, bland, bland.

Nicely captured, evocative.

Great picture and lovely classic car.

Sounding like a bit of a old git now but "they don't make em like they did anymore" is so true when it comes to cars.

the lighting is fantastic! I'm guessing a set up like this is not cheap? I always use natural light but maybe need to up my game :)

Thanks! You can get the same results with a cheaper wired setup. Radio wireless is brilliant and quick to set up but you do pay for this.

I use my flashes for events too, so the ETTL functionality is useful there but if you're just doing cars you don't need this so could get manual only units.

Back