BMW 330ci

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Just a few pics of my car. The wire wool one I did last night, never tried it before. Could have done with a longer exposure (this was 20 seconds f/6.7) so I could burnt out the wool and been out the picture long enough to disappear.

The others are from a month or two back, any comments welcomed :)

BMW E46 330ci Msport by jimnotjon, on Flickr

BMW5 by jimnotjon, on Flickr

BMW7 by jimnotjon, on Flickr

The wirewool does nothing for me I'm afraid, it almost looks like you forgot the car was there.

#2 looks ok, but I think there was a far better composition if you had moved to the left and got the cars reflection in the puddle/water, which would also have made it less tight in frame and looking again, like an after thought.

#3 its a tree growing out of a car :thinking: With all that space, positioning the car so that the tree and car were two different elements would have been far better.

Sorry, I know none of that is flattering, but I there is a great picture in all three had they been approached differently but at the moment, I'm afraid they all look like the car was merely an inconvenience to good landscape. :(

You are a brave man spinning wire wool so close to such a nice car, i have been on the receiving end of some burning wire wool and have the holes in my clothes (and shoulder) to prove it, haha

But i think Yv has pretty much nailed what i would have said too, the car really needs to be the main subject matter

Thanks very much for the feedback. At least I can look at that and improve for next time. It's these little things you don't really realise until its pointed out. The reflection of the car however, I could have that shot if I had wellys. It gets very deep and boggy down that side, which is why I avoided it hehe.

Reactions: Yv
nice shots, as said would be much better if the car filled the frame a little more. Love the car and i have a 320cd in the same color to be honest this could be my car in these haha

I like the first shot. Not too keen on the others, like Bobsyeruncle said, the car is a little small.

Back